True Gapless and menu disabled in notification screen

orikatz1

Hello,

I have two issues that i'm asking for your help with.

1. I am using Lg G3. I just did a factory reset and now I can't remember the settings in which the songs were played without gaps at all. Before the reset I could listen to gapless album (like The Dark Side of the Moon) without the slightest gap between the songs. Now, even after trying several combinations of "Audio buffer size" and "Audio thread priority" under the settings menu, there is still a slight gap and a tiny "tic" sound between songs. It breaks the tempo and drives me crazy. What can I do to make it completely gapless again? Needless to say that I'm using the same files like before and it doesn't matter whether the files are in the internal storage or SD card.

2. Since upgrading to Android 6, the Poweramp menu in the notification screen is disabled and I can't use it to switch songs, like in the attached image. How can I solve this?

Thank you!

Screenshot_2016-09-11-01-12-28.png

On the release build, the settings you need are in Settings > Aduio > Fade, Crossfade and Gapless. I suggest enabling Cut Silence in there.

The missing buttons are an issue with some Marshmallow ROMs. Setting Inverse Notification colours probably won't help for buttons (only for text) but you can try anyway. I'm sure sure whether the alpha release for v3 of Poweramp works around this yet?

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue with gapless not working and tried moving the album to internal storage. Seemed to fix the problem. Is there anything that can be done about getting gapless to work on the sd card? Or is this just a limitation of having files on removable storage?

Archived