Poweramp
ajcscan

google play downloaded music

hello,

I'm trying to figure out why Power Amp will not find all of my music that I have purchased and downloaded from Google Play? I rescanned all folders on my device and it still will not find them?

Any Ideas? 

Google play music saves the tracks within its own file structures. I found this on Stack Exchange

In the settings of Google Play Music, if you have it set to cache on the external SD card, your cache location will be /external_sd/Android/data/com.google.android.music/files/music/

If you have it use the internal storage, the path will be /sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.music/files/music.

Note that these files are named [some-id].mp3, like 124.mp3. So just copying them from this location will be difficult to determine what song they are. Not only that, as GiantTree mentions, the files are encrypted, so even if you copy them off, you cannot play them. It requires Google Play Music to play them.

Not all are necessarily encrypted (or certainly they weren't when I downloaded a few songs which I then renamed and tagged so PA could display titles/etc).

Andre