After I turn Poweramp off it suddenly starts playing music while my phone is locked

I installed Poweramp a couple of days ago and its a good music player. However there is a strange occurrence I'd like to stop if possible. After I press the X to turn off Poweramp (when the app is small and stacked on top of any notifications) it turns off which is good but after my Android phone locks due to being idle, when I go to turn the phone back on AND whenever I plug my headphones into the jack before touching the screen in any way, suddenly Poweramp starts playing a track. This is annoying and could cause a disturbance when music suddenly blares out without me going to my Music folder and selecting a track. How can I stop this? I'm using a more basic phone at this time, an Android ZTE. But I have never had any technical issues or problems with this phone before and I bought it about 2 months ago so everything is current. How do I stop Poweramp from playing tracks on its own?

10 hours ago, TheoKlink said:

Look under Settings, Headset/Bluetooth, there are many options one is "resume on wired headset". I guess this is the one you want to deselect.

This fixed the problem. Thank you.

Archived