Wav downloaded songs from vinyl card.

Runrig Fan Paul

Hi. I am copying music files (either .wav or .mp3) from a named artist & album folder to a named folder in /Music on my Android phone micro SD card. Poweramp does not recognise the Artist name or Album name, and just displays "unknown artist/ album", but it recognises the individual track names. Why is this?

Hi TheoKlink. Thank you for the advice. I'm not having problems with Power Amp recognising my mp3 files though.

It is the .wav files I am having the problems with. Specifically these are the files I downloaded from a Digital Download Code provided with a vinyl album I purchased.

Considering that Power Amp sells itself on the basis it can recognise and play most types of music file including .wav (with associated album name etc.), without the need to first convert everything to mp3, I feel like I've been ripped off.

It is like Power Amp is a backwards step, as I'm sure some of the older music players could properly list and play .wav files, including album titles, fine.

Does anybody have any other suggestions please, or a direct contact email or phone number for Power Amp?

Many Thanks

Paul.

Mp3 ID3v2 tags are the standard way of displaying mp3 media information. I am sure there are a few other standards but am not familiar with them.

Why don't you have a look at this

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

You could of course transcode you wma  files to mp3. Foobar does this for you if I remember correctly or rip your cd's into mp3 

WAV files do not contain complex tags, they are just audio streams. So it's nothing to do with Poweramp that it can't display tags. I would suggest you use FLAC format rather than WAV though (foobar2000 and other programs can batch convert them for you) as FLAC is a losslessly compressed format that supports full tagging. So you get the same full audio quality in a smaller file.

Andre

Archived