Shuffle songs and lists

Die

Hi. I need a bit of help with the shuffle options. I'm trying to do something and I don't know how to do it, or even if it's possible. I'll explain my situation and what I need to do.

I have a couple thousands songs, divided into folders according to the genre of the music. Some genres have substantially more songs than other genres, but when I play music, I want all genres to sound as balanced as possible. For example, the rock folder contains well over 500 songs, while the jazz folder contains only 60+ songs. This means that with "Shuffle all songs" option, Poweramp will play roughly 8 rock songs for each jazz song played, and that's not what I want. I played around with the various Shuffle options, but all of them do the same. I want to know if there's a way to achieve the following playing criteria.

1) Shuffle all songs inside each folder

2) Start playing music

3) Shuffle all folders

4) Select the next folder (shuffled in step 3) and play the next song from that folder (shuffle in step 1)

5) Repeat step 4 until one song from each folder has been played

6) Repeat steps 3 to 5

I'd be very grateful if someone could tell me how to do that or, at least, something as close as possible to that. Thank you very much in advance.

If I may add some feedback to Shuffle feature - not sure how it is coded internally, but it 'feels' like shuffle is not entirely random.

I've shuffled all songs and open Poweramp when driving or gym to continue playing the previous session.

I have noticed that I hear same songs  often, whereas other songs never. Maybe shuffle pattern is based on some constant factor after all, making all shuffled playlists end up very similar?

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds pretty close to Shuffle All, except that you want to eliminate the possibility of two random songs from the same folder being played back-to-back (which in true random All Songs mode could occur once in a while). If so, then no that is not possible at the moment. Shuffle All Songs should not repeat anything again until all songs in the library have been played, but you could find two songs from the same folder happen to get played together.

Andre

Archived