Poweramp Pauses itself When Connected to Bluetooth

Hey,

I have just bought a Sony XSPN1BT. I would like music to play automatically via bluetoothwhen I get in the car, without touching the phone screen at all.

To get this to work, I created a task in Tasker to start Poweramp when bluetooth connects, and hit the play button. Unfortunately, even though the task runs and the app launches, the music pauses about 3 seconds after starting. I have tried removing the "play button" function of the task, but if I do that music doesn't play at all (even if "resume on bluetooth" is ticked in Poweramp).

I have been able to get the default Music app to work fine with this same Tasker task, so there is some setting in Poweramp that is causing this. I'd love to figure out what!

To clarify - Poweramp works fine if I manually hit play with or without the Tasker task. I just want my music to play automatically when I connect to bluetooth :(

• 2 weeks later...

This will probably be the car head unit sending a Pause/Play command once it is ready, but if Poweramp has already started playing it takes this as a Pause command rather than a Play one (I hate toggle commands - much better to use discrete Pause and Play command so they can't be misunderstood). You could try setting Poweramp to NOT autostart, and see if the command from the car then controls it as intended?

Andre

• 4 months later...

i have the same issue, and it happens with any BT device.

Also, other players don't, so all points to Poweramp.

I understand in some case this may be a good behavior, but for me it's mostly an issue, and i'd like it to be optional.

It's so annoying for me that i'd consider switching to a different player (despite having bought the full version).

15 minutes ago, rejetto said:

i've just found out that Poweramp 3 behaves differently. I'm happy again :)

Max did do some tweaks to the Bluetooth commands response system in the v3 alpha, to make it ignore extra command for the first few seconds, so I guess my assumption of the cause of the issue was probably right.

Andre

Archived