Issue by scan Folders

Maurawani

Hello,

I need a little help. I bought a 64 GB card for my mobile phone, filled it with lots of music and want to create my playlist and so on.

I started to scan but Poweramp is quiet not sure how many folders with music they are, with every rescan the number of folders is changing. I tried with another app, this app told me there are 787 Folder , Poweramp change it by every rescan.

To make sure that is not a difference in the folder display, I also compared the number of tracks.Poweramp is showing less (between 5000 and 7000) than die other app (8089).

Has anybody experience with this sort of problem? Has Poweramp a problem with more than 500 Folder or is it not working with a full 64GB sd card?

By the way, I use a Samsung Galaxy S3 with cynogenmod.

Best regards

Maurawani

Hey TheoKlink,

yes I used to compare PlayerPro (Trial-version). VLC and Apollo do not show me how many tracks they scan.

PlayerPro scan the whole device, but I could configure the player which folder to scan and see how many tracks there where. Summary 8270 Tracks are in both musicfolder (intern and sd card).

Best regards

Maurawani

You also tell Poweramp where to scan for music. From the menu, Settings, Folders and Library, Music Folders.  Quickest way is to unclick top level first so that no folders are selected. Then simply select the ones where your tracks and playlists are.

If you want to see total numbers for tracks, albums and artists, you can use my app New Playlist Manager. It has tabs for Tracks, Albums and Artists where the totals are shown. (There is a free version too)

Yes I configure Poweramp to scan only 2 Folder, my musicfolder on the device and the musicfolder on my sd card. Than I go to library, All Songs an let the scan beginn. After every scan the number of tracks are different, thats the problem.

As long as Poweramp do not get all my tracks it makes no sense to create my playlist. The big problem is not to create playlist, it is the missing tracks for my playlist.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived