Digital Audio Output

Hi,

It would be possible to implement a digital audio output through micro USB Port?

Android has great capabilities, and is yet possible to playback Flac Audio File. As Flac has great qualities, i really would like to playback them on My Audio Sustem. I've an interface M2Tech, USB to Coaxial, so, if it would be possible to output digital audio trough micro USB of any Android phone/tablet, i would be able to connect my Android to my DAC (capable to decode Zero Oversampling fro 44.1 to 192khz) and i think any audio Enthusiast, becatse, tablet and phone, solve too noise problems (wich a PC with foobar has), cost, and easy of use.

Thank you.

Aldo

Thanks for the request.

Android OS doesn't support higher level apis to do so. I would guess it can be possible on rooted phone/custom kernel/rom, though it will be very phone/rom dependent as no stable APIs for this are there.

Oh my god. So a nightmare becoming true.

Really was hoping to sell my netbook with foobar and have an android tablet for flac music.

No api for digital output through USB mean no software for android based systems :(

Thank you for your reply.

Aldo

Some devices (sgs, dhd) can route audio to hdmi, which is in fact digital connection. Though, you need to receive hdmi on other end and extract audio somehow (but generally receivers/amps with hdmi support usually can do that).

Well... I've not HDMI, at this time i've:

Altman Attraction DAC (which has coaxial input)

M2Tech Interface (Usb to Coaxial)

Netbook (with USB)

From notebook, i use usb output (to output digital audio to decode). M2Tech Interface, convert from USB to Coaxial. Altmann Attraction Dac decode audio. Idea was to use Android based tablet or phone to output through USB digital AUdio and do the same.

Aldo

Archived