Another case of Poweramp doesn't see music on SD card

I am running the current version of Poweramp on a Galaxy S5 with Android version 5. I have Music and Playlists folders off the root of my 64GB SD card. I have one m3u playlist with seven mp3 songs in these folders. I can play the playlist or individual songs using MediaMonkey Android. I am able to select the folders in the Poweramp settings but when I try a full scan or a rescan it doesn't see any of the songs. It does see the file-based m3u playlist but says "not loaded yet". I've uninstalled an reinstalled Poweramp but no change. What could be causing Poweramp to not see these songs?

When you click on the playlist to view it, none of the songs are visible inside it, yes? But the individual songs do appear in the Library views correctly?

Are the paths to the songs within the M3U file linking to the correct directories/filenames? (You can load the M3U file with a text editor to check)

Are all the paths/filenames made up of regular ASCII characters only, no special or accented characters? (If there are any, you may need to use M3U8 format instead which supports UTF-8 extended characters)

Andre

Andre, thanks for the reply. In my search of Android forums I learned that quite a few people had to reformat their SD cards after upgrading to Lollipop. I did this and now everything works fine. This was NOT a problem with Poweramp. 

Archived