Jump to content
Poweramp
Ravagioli

Turning Off Resampler Power Amp Alpha 703

Recommended Posts

Hey guys, big fan of Poweramp alpha here, so i think i just found a problem, my dsd/dsf collection sample rate is over 192khz (power amp maximum option). i got a song that its rate is 5644khz, so any way to turn off Poweramp resampler? Im kinda new in this stuff, but i can hear the difference between 44.1khz and 192khz.

my dap is galaxy s7 edge exynos ver. 

Thank you !

Untitled.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ravagioli said:

Hey guys, big fan of Poweramp alpha here, so i think i just found a problem, my dsd/dsf collection sample rate is over 192khz (power amp maximum option). i got a song that its rate is 5644khz, so any way to turn off Poweramp resampler? I don't know if this affecting the sound, im just new in this stuff, but i can hear the difference between 44.1khz and 192khz.

my dap is galaxy s7 edge exynos ver. 

Thank you !

Untitled.png

Slightly off-topic here, but I have DSOM in dff format. But dff doesn't support tagging. I'm trying to convert it into dsf without losing quality so that I can tag them. Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ravagioli said:

i got a song that its rate is 5644khz,

my dap is galaxy s7 edge exynos ver.

5644? It's not Khz - it's Kbps. 192 Khz is Sampling and 5644 is Bitrate.

Resampling needs when file sampling (44.1 for CD - 96 Khz for Hi-Res like vynil rips) is different from your output (48 Khz as Android default, 44.1 / 96 / 192 Khz in output). No sound if it's different.

Avoiding resampling when file and output sampling can be matched is another story. Already wrote it in another thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rioter said:

5644? It's not Khz - it's Kbps. 192 Khz is Sampling and 5644 is Bitrate.

Resampling needs when file sampling (44.1 for CD - 96 Khz for Hi-Res like vynil rips) is different from your output (48 Khz as Android default, 44.1 / 96 / 192 Khz in output). No sound if it's different.

Avoiding resampling when file and output sampling can be matched is another story. Already wrote it in another thread.

It says in the foobar2000 properties
Sample rate : 5644800 Hz

Bitrate 33869 kbps

Thanks for the tips!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ravagioli said:

It says in the foobar2000 properties
Sample rate : 5644800 Hz

Bitrate 33869 kbps

Sorry, failed to download screenshots at 1st.

5,644,800 Hz  - Double-Rate DSD. And dat bitrate! 1.5 Gb for one song? It's overkill for any smartphone for now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...