Where is the setting options?

Hey I had downloaded the trial version at first and when some of my music didn't show up, I read that you had to go to the settings option and get it rescanned. but the problem is, i couldn't find the settings button anywhere. so i figured that might be available when I purchased the unlocker on Google Play, so I did it. and it worked! The settings option was right besides the library option. but then the next day when I tried to go to settings, the 3 dots icon was no longer there. and the same icon in the right upper corner doesn't show up either. I'm using OPPO R2001. can you tell me what's going on with it and what i have to do for the setting option to show up? Poweramp is the best app on my phone, and it would suck if i couldn't hear some of my music with this app. thanks!

here's what it looked like:

1464759950008.jpg1464759866332.jpg

Some devices seem to report that they have a physical menu button when they don't, so Poweramp does not display the three-dots button as (in theory) it should not be needed. (IMHO all Android devices should have a physical menu button, but Google have pushed away from that concept for reasons known only to themselves).

There is a menu option that will force the three-dots icon to appear, regardless of what the device is reporting: Settings > Look and Feel > Menus > Show Menu Icon. Always assuming you can get into the Settings menu just once of course.

[Edit: Just checked, and your device should have a menu button according to the photos - the left-hand of the three physical/capacitive buttons below the screen. If that only brings up the Recent Apps list (yuck, thanks Google!) try long-pressing it instead]

Andre

35 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Some devices seem to report that they have a physical menu button when they don't, so Poweramp does not display the three-dots button as (in theory) it should not be needed. (IMHO all Android devices should have a physical menu button, but Google have pushed away from that concept for reasons known only to themselves).

There is a menu option that will force the three-dots icon to appear, regardless of what the device is reporting: Settings > Look and Feel > Menus > Show Menu Icon. Always assuming you can get into the Settings menu just once of course.

[Edit: Just checked, and your device should have a menu button according to the photos - the left-hand of the three physical/capacitive buttons below the screen. If that only brings up the Recent Apps list (yuck, thanks Google!) try long-pressing it instead]

Andre

now i know where the settings option is! thank you so much!

Archived