Help-No Music

MKDLMR

I just installed Poweramp, and it cannot find any music. I have no SD card, just the phone memory. My music was purchased and downloaded through the Play Store/Play Music. Can you please help?

Thanks!

38 minutes ago, TheoKlink said:

You need to tell pa where to find your music.

Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders

or watch this clip (ignore the second part unless you have New Playlist Manager installed)

Sorry, it wouldn't stop quoting and I couldn't type in the field. Anyway, thanks for the reply, but it didn't work. I have attached what my screen looks like. A full scan doesn't seem to do anything.

Screenshot_20160525-112011.png

Make sure you include your external sdcard too if you have one and your music resides there. Make sure you click the Select Folders button. Then select rescan or reboot which will also trigger a scan. Poweramp also has a full rescan option which will rebuild its media database.

Music from Google Play music is kinda hidden from general view, and they store it using random numeric filenames and poor tagging (but at least with an .mp3 extension). I think it should be in Android/data/com.google.android.music/files/music/

Andre

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Music from Google Play music is kinda hidden from general view, and they store it using random numeric filenames and poor tagging (but at least with an .mp3 extension). I think it should be in Android/data/com.google.android.music/files/music

thanks

Archived