Bluetooth track skipping/pausing.

When using Poweramp in a car, and using the steering wheel/unit controls to press next track, Poweramp will go to the next track then pause for no reason, meaning you have to manually press play to start it back up again. This problem has been very persistent for YEARS now, and it's a shame that the developers of Poweramp have done NOTHING about it. There have been NUMEROUS posts about this over the past 4 odd years, still, nothing. It's a shame because Spotify and Google Play Music still skip track fine in the same car, it's just Poweramp that has a problem, making it pretty much impossible to use. I've tried it on my Moto G 1st gen AND my LG G3, both phones have the same problem, and every build of Poweramp (including the new alpha) have had this problem. 

PLEASE PLEASE could the developers AT LEAST look at this and let the community know of what's going on? It really is a deal breaker for me. I have paid for Poweramp and still I get this nonsense, and I'm not the only one. 

I can't think of a single other post specifically related to skipping to a new track via Bluetooth and Poweramp pausing - could you let me know where it is and I'll merge your additional information into that thread? Thanks.

Oh, and providing some information on the head-unit you are using, etc. might help too. Bluetooth output devices are notoriously hard to track down issues with as they all vary in how they respond and communicate.

Andre

• 3 months later...
On 5/23/2016 at 1:12 AM, andrewilley said:

I can't think of a single other post specifically related to skipping to a new track via Bluetooth and Poweramp pausing - could you let me know where it is and I'll merge your additional information into that thread? Thanks.

Oh, and providing some information on the head-unit you are using, etc. might help too. Bluetooth output devices are notoriously hard to track down issues with as they all vary in how they respond and communicate.

Andre

Sorry for the extremely late reply. 

I've seen this problem on the review section of Poweramp, as well as a quick Google search leads to many other cases of this happening. 

The head unit I am using is a Xtrons unit for Astra H, http://xtrons.co.uk/px71olo-g-7-inch-hd-touch-dvd-player-with-gps-navigation-canbus-for-opel.html

Every other music app (Google Music, Spotify etc) does not have this problem, tracks skip smoothly and don't pause mid way, it's only Poweramp that does it, on the old release and the newer Alpha, both have the same issues. I have no idea what causes it and have tried many fixes. Any help is appreciated. 

So, I guess there's no fix for this then? Guess I'll be moving to another music app then, a shame really as I loved this app but I commute everyday and therefore I've been using Spotify instead of Poweramp but now that I want to listen to my own music I will have to move to another app. Really should be fixed or at least give us some more Bluetooth options so we can fix it our selves.

Archived