Poweramp won't read my sd card (SOLVED)

Hi, Poweramp won't read my sd card, when I look at the menu " music folders " where you can choose which folders will be scanned, I don't see my sd card

I see that the problem has been reported many times, but it was a longtime ago, and they said 2 things :

- Clear cache

- Wait for an update

The update already came, as Poweramp worked on my previous phone, so it's not about the update, it's about my phone or the settings of the application. 

I also tried to read a music by going through my file explorer, and select " open with - ¨Poweramp ", but it doesn't work.. 

I moved a song folder from my sd card to the internal storage, but it won't read it either.

If anybody can help me, it'd be cool :) 

Thanks !

If it won't play a music file from internal storage either, there are bigger problems than just finding your SD Card.

You don't mention what this new phone is that has caused your problem though, as it's obviously mapping the file system in a different way to your old phone.

Andre

Thanks for your reply !

Yes probably, I think that solving the SD card problem will directly or indirectly solve the internal storage problem 

I had a Xperia Z2, now I have a Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 5.0. Poweramp version is 2.0.9 build 539.

Thanks

You should not have any problems with a Galaxy S5 on Lollipop, either with internal memory or an SD Card. The card should show up in the Music Folders list as something like /storage/extSdCard or /mnt/media_rw/extSdCard. Only select one version if you see both though, otherwise Poweramp will find every song twice.

However if you cannot select and scan local device folders then your problem is nothing to do with the SD Card.

Andre

What root-level mount paths do you see in the Music Folders list?

If you have selected a local device folder with valid music files in it, then do a rescan, they should all be visible in Poweramp's library. If not I would suspect a problem with the files (copying error?). Or do you see the songs in the list, but they won't play (same likely cause to be honest),

Andre

If you can see songs in the library but they won't play, I'm guessing they have got corrupted in some way. Can you upload one so I can check? (Needs to be a copy made directly from your phone's file system, not the original file on your PC).

You could try un-installing and re-installing Poweramp too, can't hurt to try.

Andre

Archived