Poweramp alpha-build-703/704

maxmp

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Working fine with Hi-Res support at Xiaomi Mi5 and MIUI 8 (already reported in proper thread). Just two things bother:

1. For example FB Messenger sounds distrupt music playback by briefly switching from headphones to speaker. It only happens for Hi-Res output, OpenSL is fine. I believe it briefly switches to different output "mode" (OpenSL?). Can I work around this? "Playing with Settings => Audio => Audio Focus" changed nothing.

2. When I'm using other music players, I can see on screen volume slider when I change sound with hardware vol. buttons. For some reason it's different in the b.703 of Poweramp. Looks like headset is detected or treated differently when used with Poweramp

When I updated it to V3 a message appeared "Unfortunately poweamp has stopped" then after clearing data in App Info it started but the bass was fluttering even on very low setting, I got disappointed and switched back to V2. After a day I decided to try again, I again installed and managed to start it after clearing the data,  but this time excellent sound. I had only one wish for Poweramp to have echo function which got fulfilled with V3. Nice audio.

6 hours ago, CrossBones3129 said:

This test build has been the same for months with 0 new builds with improvements.

If you're not happy with it, use the regular build which is what you have paid the licence for. If you want to test new versions as and when they are ready though, that's fine too. It has taken more than four years to get to this point from the release of v2, a month or two (or more) to get it right would not be unexpected.

Andre

Am I wrong or Android 5.0+ allows 24-bit/96 Khz output instead of 16-bit/44-48 Khz? Can we have it in OpenSL ES driver?

Also Follow original frequency option. Upsampling is not always welcomed. Especially 44->48 Khz is totally useless. Also excessive battery usage.

Hi

I've been using the first alpha build 700 and now i downloaded the new ones but I noticed that I can't turn up the bass in the tone menu not even close to what I used to, because the sound gets really distorted.

Did anything change between the builds in that regard, or does it have to do with the internal dac thing that I read in the description?

I cannot use any of the newer releases because the sound is distorted.

Edit.

The sound itself is really good(clear) until bass comes in and it starts to distort, maybe my earphones can't take it? (I have a Sennheiser CX300)

Edit 2

After some tinkering around I found out that the problem was the Float32 sample format was enabled and after disabling it the sound was awesome again :D

Weird thing though is that as i read it that Float 32 sample format is to reduce dithering or distorsion so i don't really get why it's causing it instead.

Hi, Is there a way to disable the equalizer visualizations that show up in the bottom of the screen/ main UI when a song is being played in background in Poweramp. I unchecked all the visualization options and it is still not going away. I use on screen buttons and it comes in the way of those. 

I did disable it somehow earlier but am not sure how. Today I re-installed the app and it started showing up again. 

using alpha build 703 ,running android 6 on One plus one  with cyanogenmod 13 based custom ROM. 

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

If a song is playing in the background (i.e. with the PA interface not showing) you should not see the visualiser at all.

Could you upload a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Andre

Hi here is the screenshot. See the equalizer visualization at the bottom.

I am not sure if some other app is causing it or it is a custom ROM feature or something. When I played the CM default music app also this visualization showed up. But when I disabled it in the settings of that app it stopped. But not the same in Poweramp. 

Screenshot_20160720-201802.png

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Is that even coming from Poweramp, or the ROM? Does the style change when you change PA's selected visualisation? PA's visualisations shouldn't react to any other audio players.

Andre

Well,  when Poweramp plays that visualization shows up. No setting change in Poweramp affects it. Maybe it's from the ROM. I'll check it out. 

3 hours ago, netcitizen said:

Well,  when Poweramp plays that visualization shows up. No setting change in Poweramp affects it. Maybe it's from the ROM. I'll check it out. 

Poweramp has a similar visualisation, but you only see it in that position if you enable FullScreen mode and set the controls to hidden (and then only in the Player screen itself). I think this is a ROM thing, or another app.

Andre

8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Is that even coming from Poweramp, or the ROM? Does the style change when you change PA's selected visualisation? PA's visualisations shouldn't react to any other audio players.

Andre

Edit - 

It's a ROM feature hidden inside settings. Since Poweramp is the only player I use all the time I thought it was a new feature ☺️

5 hours ago, netcitizen said:

It's a ROM feature hidden inside settings. Since Poweramp is the only player I use all the time I thought it was a new feature ☺️

Thought it might be, from your descriptions it really didn't seem like it could be Poweramp doing it. Glad you're sorted now.

Andre

Interestingly, I opted out, uninstalledand tried rolling back... But Google Play keeps updating me to 703. I don't have any issues with playback or anything, but sometimes visualization pops up in lieu of Album Art and the default skin isn't as pleasing as the Lollipop Skin. So, I guess I'm just gonna have to live with the Alpha lol

How is it coming along so far? I have no idea what the process of vetting new apps is like.

On HTC 10:

Using Hi-Res Output with Headphones/AUX causes sound to output to speakers instead of Headphones/AUX. Was working at one point, albeit with frequent crashes but is now non-functional altogether. Tried different combinations of disconnecting and attempting to swap to no avail.

EDIT: Worth noting that I'm on build 703

EDIT 2: Disabling DVC solved this issue, yet to do extensive testing.

Archived