Poweramp alpha-build-703/704

maxmp

On 18.05.2016 at 6:57 AM, whiplash1 said:

Hi, I've been running alpha 3 without any issues whatsoever except one. The volume control no longer works after display is turned off/phone sleeps. I have to wake it up in order to change the volume. I can confirm that it worked in alpha 2 and before.

Direct Volume Control is the culprit. Smartphone just don't get it when you need to change music volume not the call. I got same reaction from LG G2 D802 (4.4.2, no customs) but friend said no problem with custom ROM.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also have issues trying to go to the next track etc. over Bluetooth.

Phone is a LG G4, Android 6.0. Connected to the car over Bluetooth (a Toyota Sienna and a Lincoln MKT)

Skipping tracks only works when Poweramp is in the foreground. When I switch back to the GPS app, Poweramp ignores the "track forward" commands from both cars, while other apps like Google Play etc. work fine.

If there is any more info or Logs I can give that will help with this issue, please let me know.

My headset setting is currently set to "Single press (fast)". the other options exhibit the same issue.

LG G2 D802 LG firmware KitKat 4.4.2. No root.

Stock player SOMETIMES conflict with PA (only) in 24-bit experimental output. DVC doesn't matter. The stock player uses DVC cause same volume with PA DVC activated.

Sequence:

1. Play song in PA.

2. Start song (another or same) in stock player. Doesn't matter if PA pauses song before starting.

3. PA doesn't stop/pause auto but time freezed and no sound. No effect from Play/Pause button, switching songs gives no effect. Sometimes crashes.

4. To resume play need to change something in Audio Output (Khz or just switch to OpenCL ES).

5. It's not everytime. After I switch after problem occur to OpenCL ES and then switched back to 24-bit/192Khz for some time I don't have problems.

May be need just reinit of 24-bit output before resume playing?

And problem with both 24-bit output and DVC activated – no volume control for MEDIA without PA window in front and no volume control while screen off. Looks like some hooks missing.

Bluetooth skips really badly on Xperia Z5 when I'm doing background tasks like browsing among other things. However, I think this is a problem with the Marshmallow update as many others have been having the problem and it even skips in the stock music app (although less often). It would also be nice if Poweramp could be made immersive, so that the visualizations fill up the entire screen.

As for the visualization not changing, I found out it happens when I rotate the screen. I'm still not sure why 2-3 of the presets do not work at all.

Minor issue: I often see STX abbr. in my eq sting, despite I always set Stereo X to 0. If I change stx to some value and then back to 0, STX abbr. disappears from eq, but then returns occasionally.

A question: why a 7db eq limitation option was removed?

On 5/30/2016 at 7:24 PM, Agouti said:

Another person with Bluetooth skipping issues. Nexus 6P. Other apps (e.g. Pandora) don't have any issues. I've tried different output channels and options but haven't been able to fix it.

Downgrade to 702. Fixed my issue with the 6P and BT skipping. Something in 703 is causing this for multiple people.

Playback briefly pauses/stutters frequently in Hi-Res mode.  Played with the settings for days but didn't find anything that allows this to work properly.  It's fine when playing back via phone speaker but that's not using the ESS DAC.  I enabled the DAC Fix (HiFi Everywhere) app, bam, it's perfect!  Froze the app with Titanium Backup, issue started again.  Life is fine using the app but I was under the impression I shouldn't need to.  LOVE THE SOUND!!

LG V10, stock Lollipop, rooted. 

Poweramp 703/704 (I didn't use older versions). 

Direct connection using headphone cable to stereo.

Hi Res, 192k, HQ sampling, DVC, 50 volume steps, disabled EQ/Tone/Limit

9 hours ago, DreamOperator said:

Playback briefly pauses/stutters frequently in Hi-Res mode.  Played with the settings for days but didn't find anything that allows this to work properly.

You could try turning DVC off and see if that helps, but it could just be card access speed or too heavy a CPU load? I assume you've raised the audio priority to maximum and tried playing the same file from internal memory as well as SD Card?

Andre

13 hours ago, Duarian said:

Fixed my issue with the 6P and BT skipping. Something in 703 is causing this for multiple people.

I have Nexus 6P Stock with root and build alpha 703, music via BT doesn't skipping. This problem exactly have CM13 and CM13 based ROMs on any players.

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

You could try turning DVC off and see if that helps, but it could just be card access speed or too heavy a CPU load? I assume you've raised the audio priority to maximum and tried playing the same file from internal memory as well as SD Card?

Andre

Thanks for the suggestions, Andre.  I have disabled DVC and the issue remains (did it again this morning for confirmation).  I checked CPU load, it's under 20% at all times.  This is from internal memory, have not tried from SD card.  All files play fine through phone speaker so I don't see it being a storage issue. 

Nice work PA team. Good sound. Lean app. The audio quality has pulled me away from long-standing other player(s) usage, job well done.

I listen a fair amount over both wired- and bt- devices, more-so over bt though so I was very happy when the HQ audio worked over BT in addition to wired.

Only *quirk* I've experienced so far is two odd interactions with my car's head unit over BT.

1. PA starts playing on BT connect regardless of "resume" settings within PA

I don't know but speculate that the head unit is sending some kind of startup trigger that is causing PA to start playing but don't really know. I am aware that other audio players (e.g. RocketPlayer) have a tweak setting to 'ignore initial play command on connect' (or words to that effect) and I wonder if PA could use something similar.

The repro case goes like this:

• PA idle (playback stopped or paused). Phone may be screen-locked or not, doesn't matter.
  • Start car, which fires up head unit and inities BT connection
  • Switch head unit to BT audio
  • No audio playback through car, however PA is *playing* - wake phone / unlock to verify
  • Attempting to start playback on car is unreliable, it may work and then pause at the end of the song, or just not work at all
  • Manually stop playback in PA
  • Play controls in car will now work as expected (play, stop, skip, etc.)

Flipping the PA "resume on connect..." settings does not appear help change the situation.

This odd behavior does not happen with the BT headset I have at my desk at work (LG HBS-730 "Tone") so I do believe it is something that the head unit is doing which is causing the behavior.

2. Head unit does not always update the progress-bar through the song as they play

The head unit progress meter counts up to 2 to 4 seconds of playback and stops.

I theorize this may be caused by VBR tracks w/o ID3 but have not confirmed, I need to run down a test case. If that is a known-cause of this behavior it would be good to know.

Thanks for your time and effort.

Android device: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935A, Snapdragon, USA=AT&T, stock Android 6.0.1, not rooted), current PA beta from Play Store

Car head unit: VW OEM RCD510 (stock unit in 2013 VW Golf TDI)

Secondary BT device: LG HBS-730 "Tone" headset

I'm having issue when I plug my phone (Note 4) to my car receiver and have Google Maps on, when the directions are spoken through my music would stutter. This also occur when I get any notification through my phone, it would stutter. I think it's due to my player not being able to lower the volume when notifications are sounded? 

Edit: Nevermind fixed after turning off Audio Focus

I have read several people are having issues with decoder timeout but their requests for help and completely ignored, I assume this means nobody has any idea what this is? I also notice that when this happens, all songs vanish and a reboot is required. This issue also seems to reset the most played list which is a real pain in the bum as this was the one feature I had been waiting for from PA

This is an alpha-test release (not even beta test yet) and there may be lengthy gaps between new builds or fixes for specific bugs while other work is going on. It is not generally advisable to use alpha-test software on your main work device unless you are prepared to deal with the odd glitch. That said, for an alpha test, this is far more usable than a lot of beta-tests!

Andre

On 15/06/2016 at 8:35 AM, andrewilley said:

This is an alpha-test release (not even beta test yet) and there may be lengthy gaps between new builds or fixes for specific bugs while other work is going on. It is not generally advisable to use alpha-test software on your main work device unless you are prepared to deal with the odd glitch. That said, for an alpha test, this is far more usable than a lot of beta-tests!

Andre

Hey Andre

First of all thank you so much for the continuous support throughout all stages of progress of this amazing music player, i just wanted to know if u got any idea on how much progress has been made as we're waiting for the final release, will the Poweramp V3 take longer to be available ?

Thanks again !

9 minutes ago, Aminem914 said:

will the Poweramp V3 take longer to be available ?

I don't have any specific timescales, but so far the first beta hasn't even been released (and the first alpha build was six months ago) so I'm guessing a final release is not exactly imminent...

Andre

Confirmed HTC 10 problems with 24-bit/192 Khz output: switching tracks or position change -> output error very often. Pls fix it if possible. It sounds much more interesting than OpenCL ES 48 Khz.

Interesting fact: likely foobar2000 has no problem (though no extensive experience) with output to 96000 (no 192 Khz option). But dat interface is no go. Still can't confirm how dows it output - no info provided.

Hello, I just bought a SanDisk Ultra Dual USB-OTG Drive 3.0 64GB (exFAT), and used iSyncr to sync my iTunes music library (30GB) on it. I attached it to my UNrooted Nexus 5 with the latest Android version, and started searching for a music player that would be able to read my playlists and play my music from there. Nothing worked, and it seems like the latest version of Poweramp couldn't read it as well.

I read in one of the forums that the latest Alpha build could do it - so I tried the Poweramp-alpha-build-703-uni.apk 703/704 build, and lo and behold, I can see my OTG-USB! I used the "grant permission" option to allow Poweramp to read it, and it can play my music files! The problem is that it can still not play my playlists.

I understand I can use this alpha version for only two weeks. What do I do until the final version is released?
Will the final version allow me to play my playlists from the OTG-USB?

Thank you!

34 minutes ago, Elboim said:

The problem is that it can still not play my playlists.

I understand I can use this alpha version for only two weeks. What do I do until the final version is released?
Will the final version allow me to play my playlists from the OTG-USB?

If your music can be read, so can your playlists. Do you see the Playlist titles but not the contents? If so, playlists contain directory path information which points to the actual files to play, so they most likely won't work if the path details are wildly different from when they were created. Take a look at one of them with a text editor (they are just plain text files) and see if adjusting the path information helps (you can use relative paths if you wish, which would make the playlists more portable).

You can use the alpha-test release with a regular purchased Poweramp licence (from Google Play or here on the website).

Andre

On 22.6.2016 at 2:01 PM, andrewilley said:

If your music can be read, so can your playlists. Do you see the Playlist titles but not the contents? If so, playlists contain directory path information which points to the actual files to play, so they most likely won't work if the path details are wildly different from when they were created. Take a look at one of them with a text editor (they are just plain text files) and see if adjusting the path information helps (you can use relative paths if you wish, which would make the playlists more portable).

You can use the alpha-test release with a regular purchased Poweramp licence (from Google Play or here on the website).

Andre

Thanks for the quick answer!

I can see the playlists in Poweramp, but they are empty and under each it says "not loaded yet". When I press on it it shows an empty playlist, and it's still not loaded even after I rescanned everything. When I look at them in my PC Notepad everything looks fine. They lead into folders on the same drive. Winamp, for example, can read from them just fine. It loads all of the songs and plays them well.

3 hours ago, Elboim said:

I can see the playlists in Poweramp, but they are empty and under each it says "not loaded yet". When I press on it it shoes an empty playlist, and it's still not loaded even after I rescanned everything. When I look at them in my PC Notepad everything looks fine. They lead into folders on the same drive. Winamp, for example, can read from them just fine. It loads all of the songs and plays them well.

What is the full directory path to your music on the USB drive, versus what the path shown in the .M3U files says? Where are the playlists stored, compared to the music files? If you put the M3U files in the root of your music folders location, you could use relative rather than absolute paths.

Andre

On 22.6.2016 at 6:26 PM, andrewilley said:

What is the full directory path to your music on the USB drive, versus what the path shown in the .M3U files says? Where are the playlists stored, compared to the music files? If you put the M3U files in the root of your music folders location, you could use relative rather than absolute paths.

Andre

For example, one of the tracks is "chip dip..." from Adventure time.

The full path when the USB is connected to the PC is this:
D:\syncr\Cartoon Network, Frederator Studios\Adventure Time\Adventure Time - Chip Dip Triple Flips Are Hip.mp3

In the .m3u file it looks like this:
/Cartoon Network, Frederator Studios/Adventure Time/Adventure Time - Chip Dip Triple Flips Are Hip.mp3

iSyncr places everything inside the "syncr" folder. Playlists are stored inside the "syncr" folder as .m3u files, and all music files are stored in that folder as well - in more folders sorted by album name, like shown in the above path.

On PC, Winamp reads it and plays the files according to the playlist - from the USB.
Poweramp also reads it fine if iSyncr syncs the "syncr" folder onto the internal hard drive of the Nexus 5, but for some reason not while's it's on the USB.
If on the internal hard drive, the path would be this:
/storage/emulated/0/syncr/Cartoon Network, Frederator Studios/Adventure Time/Adventure Time - Chip Dip Triple Flips Are Hip.mp3
The .m3u file is the same, but this time Poweramp would find the music files from the playlist.

For some reason Poweramp can't find the music files according to the playlist only while it takes the playlists from the USB. If the playlist and the files are on the internal hard drive, it works fine.

I'm not sure what you meant by relative and absolute path, but I think this is already using relative path.

EDIT:

OK! I did the following and found a temporary solution:

I left all the synced files on the USB, but transferred the .m3u files only onto the internal hard drive of the Nexus 5, to another folder named syncr.

I told Poweramp to grab files from both syncr folders, in the USB and on the Nexus 5, and for some reason now it works! It uses the the .m3u files on the internal hard drive to find the music files on the USB, which shouldn't work at all, but for some reason it does.

So basically I now do the following everytime I want to sync my iTunes:

1. Sync the USB with iSyncr.

2. Copy the .m3u files from the USB syncr folder onto a hard drive syncr folder on my mobile.

3. Tell Poweramp to scan music in both folders.

Now everytime I basically plug in the OTG, wait a little bit for the Nexus 5 to load it, plug in the earphones and it just starts playing. 

What is the Android folder path to the USB device music files? And the Playlists are stored at the same root level as the music folders, so relative paths should work, yes?

Relative paths means to look from the current location of the playlist file (e.g. something like "Cartoon Network, Frederator Studios/Adventure Time/Adventure Time - Chip Dip Triple Flips Are Hip.mp3"), whereas absolute paths define the whole structure specifically (e.g. "D:\syncr\Cartoon Network, Frederator Studios\Adventure Time\Adventure Time - Chip Dip Triple Flips Are Hip.mp3" on your PC, which obviously does not exist on your phone and while PA will try to work it out, it's not guaranteed).

The initial "/" in the relative paths worries me a bit, as that normally means go right back up to the top level of that drive first. Try removing a few of those leading "/" and see if that helps.

Andre

I have a couple of things to mention, one has already been mentioned by another person which is the lyrics, despite having the app installed and the correct option selected it will only read lyrics tagged in the file and not use the plug in app. 

Secondly, I was wondering if you could possibly include information on what some of the more technical stuff means, like Hi-res audio, sample rate etc. I would like to get the most out of this app and what it offers but I've no idea what some of the settings mean. Also, will skin support be coming to this beta? 

Archived