Poweramp
maxmp

Poweramp alpha-build-703/704

Does anyone noticing that music sometimes cracks on alpha build, once at 20-30 min, or is just me, audio output is on opensl es, it doesn't happen on audiotrack, but on audio track it doesn't sound that good

On 3/26/2018 at 11:39 AM, ionutzpaul61 said:

Does anyone noticing that music sometimes cracks on alpha build, once at 20-30 min, or is just me, audio output is on opensl es, it doesn't happen on audiotrack, but on audio track it doesn't sound that good

I get the occasional "skip" from time to time, but I always chock it up to I/O overhead briefly interrupting playback...it happens on every Android device I've used Poweramp with.

Poweramp version v.3 alpha build 703 running on my Oreo updated s8+ just crashes consistently. I really do hope the new version is released really soon. 

20 minutes ago, Kamijin1 said:

Poweramp version v.3 alpha build 703 running on my Oreo updated s8+ just crashes consistently. I really do hope the new version is released really soon. 

I would suggest using build 704 anyway. Some people have reported that installing an older stable build (e.g. 585) and then over-installing with 703/704 helps, but it's not guaranteed. e.g. http://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/10136-poweramp-v3-project-update-please-read-first-post-for-latest-info-before-commenting/?do=findComment&comment=46623

Andre

Do you have any better sense of when the next build will be released. IIRC the last ETA given was "sometime in April". Can that be sharpened up? 

I recently updated to Oreo 8.1 and now the notification is acting weirdly. I tried everything I was using v2 earlier now I updated to alpha but the problem is still there please help. I don't want to use any other music player I am obsessed with Poweramp

Screenshot_20180330-192313.png

Given all of the earlier posts about PA and Oreo, I'd say Oreo breaks PA. I suspect Andre knows that.

You can have one or the other, but not both. :)

15 minutes ago, RBEmerson said:

Given all of the earlier posts about PA and Oreo, I'd say Oreo breaks PA. I suspect Andre knows that.

You can have one or the other, but not both. :)

But it was working fine with 8.0 and also is working good but the notification is doing that wierd thing also I could make it work by manually going into settings and untick and tick invert notification

Again, look at all of the prior 8.0/Oreo posts saying "I just upgraded to Oreo/8.0 and (whatever) doesn't work." By now it should be obvious PA and Oreo don't get along well. No doubt Andre knows that and will address it with (I hope) the next release. Expecting it to magically start working is ...um... wishful thinking. The choice is working PA under Nougat or MM, or crippled PA under Oreo. It's the user's choice - have Nougat & PA or have Oreo & a crippled PA. Pick one.

14 hours ago, RBEmerson said:

Andre rides to the rescue! [/ a big "attaboy" and two thumbs up ]

I didn't write it, the credit must go to @clever_man . I just saved you from having to use the Search button. :)

Andre

@Crazy, Max said that started with the Oreo (Android 8+) android has standart API for Hi-Res but it will be tested on Pixel lately (think after beta release).

Today later Max want to upload new Alpha (not Beta!) build with working Hi-Res for 7/8 and notification from beta.

17 hours ago, clever_man said:

Today later Max want to upload new Alpha (not Beta!) build with working Hi-Res for 7/8 and notification from beta.

Is this is still happening?