Poweramp
staticx

Does Poweramp can operate as Bluetooth receiver?

Hello

I want to stream music from my phone to my car's android 4.1.1 head unit that runs Poweramp, is it possible that Poweramp will play from bluetooth stream? if it's possible, will it also display song info?

thanks

I rather doubt that will work, unless the head unit has its own bluetooth receiver and can play audio using that as the input source (i.e. not using Poweramp on the head unit at all).

If you want to play music from your phone you would need to either connect it via cable to the head unit as a USB mass storage device (just like you would a USB stick) and let Poweramp on the headunit scan and play from that source, or simply play the audio using Poweramp on the phone itself, and simply just use the headunit as a regular bluetooth receiver/amplifier.

Andre

The head unit has its own bluetooth player, but it doesn't show id3 tags and it's very simple, so I thought maybe Poweramp can be used to receive the stream instead of the internal app. 

They cannot run at the same time... 

Thanks