Sorting not working

Halk

If you are viewing in "Album Artist" mode (only available in the new alpha test releases) then the list should be sorted by the contents of the Album Artist tags in your music files.

Otherwise I would suggest using either Albums or Artists view, and then use Menu > List Options to choose the sorting order (e.g. use the Albums library view mode, and set its List Options to sort the contents by Artist, which seems to give a more consistent result) 

Andre

I think I've worked it out Andre - I'm thinking that it is sorting by album artist but when the field is empty it's falling back to album name rather than falling back to artist. 

On the surface it might appear that falling back to artist would be desirable but I'm thinking that it might introduce more problems. 

Once I've sorted the tags and made a new set of ogg vorbis to go onto the phone I'll be able to determine if it's working. The files on the phone in the most part don't have album artist field filled. 

Don't worry, it's all new to us all. And I'm not really the best person to test it, as some of the more esoteric items in my music collection (such as theme park music background loops) don't even have known Artist or Album tags, never mind an Album Artist one. :) Generally, simple Path/Folder sorting works best for me,

And in 5+ years I've never managed to completely work out how the old "Albums by Artists" sort order worked anyway. :)

Andre

Yeah, path/folder has been my ideal sort for years, when I first got a smartphone it was a challenge to find something that did that rather than sorting by artist which usually resulted in a mess.

I think though that given enough tinkering on my end I'll be able to get things sorted properly in library for once. I've been fighting tags on MP3s etc since I had a Nomad Jukebox 2 :)

Archived