List of Android Devices with Hi-Res Audio Support (Internal DAC)

maxmp

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just upgraded my ancient tablet to a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (I got a pretty decent price on it now that the ludicrously expensive Tab S3 has been out a while) and can confirm that build 704 works fine on it, and high-rez is operating fine.

The tablet came with Marshmallow, but it received an OTA upgrade to 7.0 during setup so I didn't get a chance to try 704 on Marshmallow, but it's fine on Nougat.

Note: I first tried an in-place upgrade over the release build, but that did not work (it kept giving a FC when I tried to start the app) so I uninstalled the release build and clean installed 704 and that worked.

Andre

I have a HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle,, its hi-res certified, it does have a dedicated DAC, its actually the very same DAC as on HTC 10 and HTC 10 Evo, yet i can only use the standard OpenES SL or Audiotrack outputs,l, i have the proper music files, ranging from 44.1 16bit flac to 96.0 24bit flacs and even some DSD'S but those don't matter. Ive tried everything but to no avail, only 16bit 44.1 is possible on my phone through Poweramp,, i also have Neutron and PlayerPro, but those dont really show the file type like Poweramp. It kind of sucks as the only reason i bought a slow phone with superior music capabilities is because i want to experience them. I have Marshmallow 6.0.1. and)d im really sad :(

On 11.6.2017 at 6:09 PM, andrewilley said:

Make sure you are using Poweramp build 704, not 703, and see if that helps.

Andre

I just have 703, cant find out how to download/update to 704?? 

Where do you download Hi-Res Audio music? I currently only have CD ripps in flacs, som of them labelled High res by Sony..

But only in CD 16 bit

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

See the Downloads tab at the top of this page, you can download 703 or 704.

Andre

Can you link to the Downloads tab? I cant find it, I tried to uninstall, and reinstall.. Still got V 703

I have downloaded High res Flac and DSD in 24bit, My Huawei musicplayer and Sony musicplayer plays this.

Please inform me when Poweramp supports the Huawei P10 Kirin 960 prosessor with the Hi6403 soundchip

Then I will join fullversion Poweramp.

Thanks...

Edit posted in the thread High Res request....

It's been said before but I'll just confirm. Axon 7 (snapdragon) worked on Marshmallow with 703, but after upgrading to 7.1.1 both 703 and 704 don't work. 704 gives the option but says output failed as soon as you plug in the audio jack.

Hey Max, how about compiling me an Axon 7 compatible apk of version of 704 and I'll paypal you $100? I know beta 3 is in the works, but as nice as a UI update would be, I'd just like my audio to work well.

My Audeze's are so sad with all these downsampled FLACs.

Axon 7 Nougat 

Poweramp 704

HI Res doesn't work with wired headset (as I previously reported). 

BUT I'm trying out Monster headphones with a USB cable and I think Hi Res works with it? Is that what this says? If so, weird! 

Screenshot_20170715-171930.png

Hi Folk

Totally new here.  Have an Nvidia Shield TV 16Gb 2017 version running Android Nougat.  Large number of hires flac files (mostly 96k 24bit, one at 192K).  Here is the catch:  most are 5.1 surround.  I have found comments over a number of sites that state that the Android OS (standard or TV OS) will not support hi-res surround audio files.  Regardless of device hardware.

Can any of the android tech gurus here comment on this?

Looking to playback via HDMI to an AV receiver.  So far, using Kodi Krypton, either no-play, or down-sampled to 48K

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Poweramp does not support multi-channel surround sound, and I think you'll find that any sort of support for 5.1 beyond the normal 48K DVD/BluRay sampling rate is pretty rare.

Andre

So I am finding, yet I am sure there is a demand for it.

Hi-res surround music tracks are supported via pass through on the shield, but no music player supporting playing surround hi res flac audio files.  Very disappointing.  Still wanting to know if this is prevented by the Android OS (or Android TV OS) or simply because no developer has seen the need for doing this.

2 hours ago, Madaudio said:

Well there's you at least. I can't say I've ever heard anyone else mention it though. To be honest, I've never even come across any 5+ channel source material at those sort sort of rates. The files must be HUGE!

Andre

5 hours ago, Madaudio said:

Hi-res surround music tracks are supported via pass through on the shield, but no music player supporting playing surround hi res flac audio files.  Very disappointing.  Still wanting to know if this is prevented by the Android OS (or Android TV OS) or simply because no developer has seen the need for doing this.

It has to be added as an output path for the music to the dac, if it does not have a multichannel path than you have no chance of playing back a real multichannel recording(multichannel is 4 or more channels here). Most devices don't have one, verry rarely does one have it. Standard is the mono/stereo paths. You can check in your audiopolicy.config file what your devices supports.

3 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

Does version 704 work with Marshmallow?

Yes. It's basically just 703 with a few extra tweaks to help make Nougat devices more compatible, but it should be fine on older devices too. I was running it on KitKat for a long time, and now on marshmallow. Unless you are running a nougat system, you probably won't see any difference between 703 and 704.

Andre