List of Android Devices with Hi-Res Audio Support (Internal DAC)

maxmp

1 hour ago, utahman1971 said:

Just installed it and works but I looked at settings and saw nothing different at all.

Isn't that what I said? There are a few internal code changes to better support high-res on early nougat devices, but you won't see any visual differences at all (not even on nougat).

Andre

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, kdh0610 said:

Does Galaxy Note FE support Hi-Res?

Well the Note 7 did, so given that this is just a reduced battery version of that phone I would guess it probably does. Why they ever took away the removable battery option I'll never know, they could have saved themselves from the whole Note 7 fiasco. 

Andre

16 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Well the Note 7 did, so given that this is just a reduced battery version of that phone I would guess it probably does. Why they ever took away the removable battery option I'll never know, they could have saved themselves from the whole Note 7 fiasco. 

Andre

Profit and more cost savings, as always for these big companies.

22 minutes ago, ShivaStein666 said:

How do we view the Audio Info screen??

What audio info screen? The tags/info display can be found via the Menu in the Player screen, or long-press on a song title in the library. The Equaliser is found by pressing the EQ button near the top of the player screen, or via swiping in from the right edge.

Andre

3 hours ago, ShivaStein666 said:

This screen.

You've obviously found it now :) but in case anyone else wants it, press EQ button or swipe from right-hand edge of the Player screen and tap the little 'Info' (i) icon near the top right of the panel.

Andre

• 4 weeks later...

Thread cleaned.

Reminder: This thread is for reporting that your device/ROM works for high-res audio, not for reporting that high-res is not working. Please see http://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/8735-requests-for-hi-res-support-please-ensure-you-are-using-poweramp-build-704-before-requesting/?page=23#comment-42478 for the requests thread.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if quoted before, couldn't see it, but Alpha Build 703 plays beautifully on the new Sony XZ Premium, right up to 24bit 192khz.  Gorgeous.  And with a pair of Sony Signature MDR-Z1R Headphones its beautiful.  Slight tweak on the base levels in the EQ........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mostafa_MO2 said:

Hi-res output is just works fine in MIUI 8.5 android 6 in my redmi note 4x snapdragon

after updating to MIUI 9 and android 7 Hi-res output is Failed and won't work

Poweramp Alpha 704

how resolve it?

Other than waiting for the next best-test release of Poweramp (hopefully within the next month or so), you could try switching DVC mode off as that sometimes helps. Otherwise, you'd probably need to roll back to your original MIUI 8.5 setup. Whether you think that's worth doing for just one specific experimental feature in an alpha-test app is up to you of course.

Andre

On 11/23/2017 at 1:07 PM, andrewilley said:

Other than waiting for the next best-test release of Poweramp (hopefully within the next month or so), you could try switching DVC mode off as that sometimes helps. Otherwise, you'd probably need to roll back to your original MIUI 8.5 setup. Whether you think that's worth doing for just one specific experimental feature in an alpha-test app is up to you of course.

Andre

Doesn't help.

Guess i have to wait for it too.