List of Android Devices with Hi-Res Audio Support (Internal DAC)

maxmp

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On Tuesday, April 05, 2016 at 10:02 AM, maxmp said:

I would start with the following tested devices. These are devices which were tested by me, usually, it can also work for variants (e.g. Sony Z5 line, not just Premium, etc.).

• Samsung S7 Edge (SM-G935FD, Exynos, Android 6.0.1)
  • Samsung S6 Edge (SM-G925F, Android 6.0.1)
  • Samsung Note5 (SM-N920C, Android 5.1.1, Android 6.0.1)
  • Samsung Note3 (SM-N900, Android 5.0)
  • Samsung S5 (SM-G900F, Android 5.0)
  • LG V10 (Android 5.1.1)
  • LG G4 (Android 6.0)
  • LG G3 (Android 5.0)
  • LG G2 (Android 4.4.2)
  • Sony Z5 Premium (Android 5.0, Android 6.0)
  • HTC One A9 (Android 6.0.1)
  • Highscreen Boost3 (Android 5.1)
  • OnePlus One (Android 5.1.1, 12.1.1-YOG7DAS2K1)

Already added in dev. builds:

• Meizu 5 Pro
  • Sony Z3
  • Lenovo Vibe X3

Works OK as reported by users:

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910P, Android 5.1.1, Android 6.0.1)

Meizu MX4 Pro (Flyme 5.1.4.0A / Android 5.1.1)

It now works great, thanks the alpha-build 703 !

Flac HD  24/192  (had a lot of sound distortions before, especially when using the equalizer or tones)  

Wave 24/192 (not working with previous Poweramp versions !)

On Wednesday, April 06, 2016 at 2:19 PM, ShadowSkill said:

1. Oppo Find 7a (X9006)

2. ColorOS v2.1.5i

3. It has almost identical hardware as OnePlus One (as JimJamz mentioned above)

On Sunday, April 17, 2016 at 2:16 AM, liuleyu1999 said:

1. OPPO Find7(X9077/X9076/X9007/X9006)

2.    6.0.1  omni rom/cm13

3. It has almost identical hardware as OnePlus One (as JimJamz mentioned above)and this is a very powerful music phone It's the first mobile phone equipped with maxxaudio engine

Snapdragon 24-bit PCM:D

audio_policy.conf

Screenshot_20160418-232349.png

19 hours ago, andrewilley said:

About what?

Andre

Hi-Res?

Hi :). When I enable Hi-Res Output for my headset with max, sample rate 192(which is the biggest I can choose), the audio with the screen off becomes choppy after some time. It doesn´t seem to be a problem when the screen is on. I have Lenovo Vibe X3. Thank you for all the hard work, this release seams to be pretty awesome so far :).

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that it works with Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (SM-T805) Stock 5.0.2

but not with Note 4 (SM-N910C) Stock 5.1.1 ->With Hi-Res the Poweramp seems lagging (music time/spectrum) and there is no sound except some annoying noises.

Screenshot_2016-05-12-11-23-31.jpg

It works on my Oneplus Two on OxygenOS 3.0 Beta (6.0.1) all the way up to 192kHz.

One strange thing that I've noticed is that everything sounds A LOT better using hi-res audio 96 or 192kHz. Stable OxygenOS releases come with the MaxxAudio and this beta doesn't which has made the sound overall bad. It's not caused by the lack of equalization that could be done using MaxxAudio, it's more than that. Everything sounds compressed with distorted highs, lack of bass, no detail and lots of audible noise. This problem is still present while using 44,1 or 48kHz hi-res audio but with 96 or 192kHz it's completely gone and everything sounds as it should (if not better). I know this information might not be so relevant since the stable version of OxygenOS 3.0 will probably resolve the issue but it might be useful for others running 3.0 Beta.

Hi, Xperia M4 Aqua (E2353, 5.0, 26.1.A.2.167, unlocked bootloader, TWRP, rooted) works once the relevant lines for high-res audio or 24_bit audio are added to build.conf and audio_policy.conf.

The build.conf was edited based on a copy that someone pasted in one of these threads. (just the compress-offload line, as well as the deep-buffer one for the heck of it)

The audio_policy.conf was edited based on these files that are supposed to work with CM12.1 and 13 and not original ROMs. I carefully added just enough samplerates, formats and devices that refer to high-res audio in any way, did a restart, and Poweramp began to sing. :) Didn't seem to need the mixer_paths.xml .

http://forum.xda-developers.com/m4-aqua/themes-apps/cm12-1-13-192khz-24b-hi-res-audio-m4-t3377706/

There is no lag when using the Sony API, but clipping may occur unless clipping protection is used in Replaygain. There is volume change, track change and seeking latency when using the default Snapdragon, but no clipping ever occurs.

1st image - no resampling, "OEM Variant" option checked

2nd image - no resampling, option unchecked

3rd image - resampling to show highest samplerate support 96000, option checked

No Resample Sony OEM Variant.pngNo Resample Default.pngResample 96 KHz.png

Edited by quirK
attached 3 screenshots

HTC 10  Android version 6.0.1 works with headphones at 24/192 output.  Listened to 5 songs without any problems.  Well, one issue was it deactivated the HTC boomsound with Dolby audio, which I guess is the HTC built-in equalizer.