Jump to content
Poweramp
maxmp

List of Android Devices with Hi-Res Audio Support (Internal DAC)

Recommended Posts

On 6/7/2019 at 3:38 AM, ░▒▓█ クリス █▓▒░ said:

do you have the april or may Samsung firmware update? it should work with one of those

Thanks. Yes, I have the latest updates. What I said, the galaxy S8 does not works well with a wired connection (if you want to have 24bits resolution)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2019 at 9:06 AM, RajDaBest12 said:

@maxmp

Even though poco shows Hi Res audio for Wired Headphones/AUX, the max sample bit rate and frequency are locked at 16 Bit/48 kHz. Im using the latest version of v3 Poweramp build and im on MIUI 10.3.4.0. Is there any way to fix this? Please Help!

I'm wondering if the Poco F1 has internal DAC supporting 24 bit/192kHz ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Egni123 said:

I'm wondering if the Poco F1 has internal DAC supporting 24 bit/192kHz ?

Many people having Poco F1 have the option of playing 24/192 with Poweramp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RajDaBest12 Yes, I know, but I'm not talking about the software (Poweramp), but the audio hardware of the Poco F1. Since Poweramp uses the built-in DAC of Poco F1 ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2019 at 1:20 AM, Egni123 said:

@RajDaBest12 Yes, I know, but I'm not talking about the software (Poweramp), but the audio hardware of the Poco F1. Since Poweramp uses the built-in DAC of Poco F1 ...

Shouldn't SD845 have an inbuilt 24 bit DAC? Or is it a MIUI problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2019 at 11:56 AM, RajDaBest12 said:

Shouldn't SD845 have an inbuilt 24 bit DAC? Or is it a MIUI problem?

@RajDaBest12 Snapdragon (SD) 845 chipset does have the capability because Qualcomm claims up to 32bit/384khz support plus native DSD and also DOP capability for the 845 chipset, but the developers of Xiaomi are probably restricting the snapdragon 845 capabilities in the Poco F1. So Xiaomi does not retain and utilize all of the chipsets actual functionalty. The Poco F1 is more meant to be a gaming phone, not a high-end audio phone. Software, like Poweramp, cannot solve this problem, only Xiaomi can ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Egni123 Poco F1 supports 384kHz just fine, but no DVC is available (thus, use No DVC + optionally No Headroom Gain options). No DVC limitation is related to Qualcomm audio system implementation for 845 + Pie  and is not Xiaomi fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maxmp said:

@Egni123 Poco F1 supports 384kHz just fine, but no DVC is available (thus, use No DVC + optionally No Headroom Gain options). No DVC limitation is related to Qualcomm audio system implementation for 845 + Pie  and is not Xiaomi fault. 

@maxmp  I don't understand. Could you explain the association of the DVC limitation to high resolution (24 bit/192kHz) capability ? If the built-in DAC of Poco F1 supports 384kHz, can Poweramp create a 'direct' connection where it bypasses the android ecosystem and hooks into the internal dac ? Or does the DVC limitation on the Poco F1 influence this bypass ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 4:50 PM, Nacho2018 said:

Thanks. Yes, I have the latest updates. What I said, the galaxy S8 does not works well with a wired connection (if you want to have 24bits resolution)

 

I installed the PA last versión (832). The sound in Bluetooth Is great. However, the problem for the wired connection, by headphone,  is not resolved. In wired,  If You want for Samsung Galaxy s8 a correct quality of sound, You have to use a 16bits resolución. The quality using 24bits and 192khz Is not enough well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2017 at 9:18 AM, chatnever said:

Has anyone tried hires on HTC U Ultra?

I am using an HTC U Ultra, with Hi-Res enabled and seems to be working perfectly.

Screenshot_20190625-143956.png

Screenshot_20190625-143915.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Device I’m using is FiiO X5iii, build 834.

I guess as of 829 hi res output has been “working” upon restoring defaults on the main outputs page? I do receive 32/192 kHz when playing only from its headphone output. This registers as Wired Headset / AUX. Every now and then this restricts itself to 16/192 but I can always get it back by restoring defaults and unplugging and replugging in my headphones.

But if I want to use my balanced headphone output, or line out (both register as Speaker), OpenSL ES Output 16/48 is STRICTLY forced. I’m able to verify with dumpsys media.audio_flinger that other media players in those outputs aren’t restricted in such a way.

I’ll try build 835 inevitably but it doesn’t explicitly list any changes on this front..

Edited by Fitzian
Clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure why but while enabling High Res audio on a Poco F1 running LineageOS, Highres only works if DVC is turned off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Fri Jun 21 2019 at 3:59 AM, maxmp said:

@Egni123 Poco F1 supports 384kHz just fine, but no DVC is available (thus, use No DVC + optionally No Headroom Gain options). No DVC limitation is related to Qualcomm audio system implementation for 845 + Pie  and is not Xiaomi fault.

I disabled DVC from the settings, but still, it won't go above 16/48. Im on MIUI 10 9.6.27 Beta. Will changing my Rom make a difference? As @Egni123 said, SD845 is capable of outputting 32/384, then why aint Poco able to do it? Does it not have a Hi Res DAC?  

Screenshot_2019-06-29-13-54-54-761_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone with a Moto G6 Plus on Android 9.0 have Hi-Res Support on build 836? OpenSL ES Hi-Res Output only lists Bluetooth and USB DAC. My device isn't rooted, thus I don't have access to audio_policy.conf file. This device has Snapdragon 630, which has 24-bit/192 kHz DAC according to Qualcomm. I wonder if Motorola just didn't implement high resolution support into the software.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ksio89 said:

My device isn't rooted, thus I don't have access to audio_policy.conf file. 

You should still be able to read the file with any decent file explorer app, although you won't be able to modify it.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

You should still be able to read the file with any decent file explorer app, although you won't be able to modify it.

Andre

I can't, I don't have access to either /etc or  /system folders without root. I tried with Root Explorer and Solid Explorer, and I only have access up to /storage directory. I read the complaint from another user with the same device as mine. I may root this device in the future, but as it voids warranty and this is a new device, unfortunately I can't do it right now.

If someone has a Moto G6 Plus running Android 9.0 and is rooted, I'd be very grateful if you could upload audio_policy.conf from your device. Maybe only installing a custom ROM will enable software Hi-Res output?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ksio89 said:

I can't, I don't have access to either /etc or  /system folders without root. I tried with Root Explorer and Solid Explorer, and I only have access up to /storage directory.

Sorry about that, on mine I can view  all the way back to the root folders (although obviously can't modify them as this phone is not rooted).

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Sorry about that, on mine I can view  all the way back to the root folders (although obviously can't modify them as this phone is not rooted).

Andre

It's okay, thanks for the reply anyway. By the way, which file explorer app are you using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ksio89 said:

It's okay, thanks for the reply anyway. By the way, which file explorer app are you using?

I used to use ES File Explorer (a good and powerful app in its original day, but it got sold from company to company and became full of bloatware and then the company handling it got banned from Google for spyware practices).Now I use Solid Explorer, and the only thing I miss is not being able to view/set file permissions. Nice interface and it still provides full access across my LAN to my NAS. 

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2019 at 2:54 AM, Egni123 said:

@maxmp  I don't understand. Could you explain the association of the DVC limitation to high resolution (24 bit/192kHz) capability ? If the built-in DAC of Poco F1 supports 384kHz, can Poweramp create a 'direct' connection where it bypasses the android ecosystem and hooks into the internal dac ? Or does the DVC limitation on the Poco F1 influence this bypass ?

@Egni123 in Pie - due to Qualcomm QAF patches - DVC works with sample rates up to 192kHz. 384kHz works fine too, but with the DVC off. This may change in the future ROM updates.

(As for direct connection to the Qualcomm SOC DAC, it will require own ROM build + access to SOC engineering documentation - it’ closed source and well guarded, so device drivers are written by Qualcomm itself).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@maxmp what kind of testing can be done to get hi res working on the FiiO X5iii properly? I have DVC and everything else turned off, as I don’t care about EQ or modifying my sound in SW. There’s no clear indication why for any reason only the headphone output offers hi res output. Again this device like the M11 and other DAPs have MULTIPLE OUTPUTS. Why is it restricted to only one of them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×