List of Android Devices with Hi-Res Audio Support (Internal DAC)

maxmp

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/15/2017 at 11:35 PM, SynekPablo said:

Hi, 

I am using AXON 7 and Hi-Res support works very fine. It also plays files with 32bit and 192 kHz. 

IMG_20170115_163257.jpg

@SynekPablohi,happen to find your reviews so minute&professional!! my axon 7 had just degrade to andriod 6 from 7,in order to enjoy better sound quality.but then i start to confuse that why the variant display shows 'snapdragon pcm',instead of 'direct hd'(in andriod 7 it was)??i can feel the sound improved now, by the way.

On 7/3/2019 at 6:03 AM, Airwind said:

@SynekPablohi,happen to find your reviews so minute&professional!! my axon 7 had just degrade to andriod 6 from 7,in order to enjoy better sound quality.but then i start to confuse that why the variant display shows 'snapdragon pcm',instead of 'direct hd'(in andriod 7 it was)??i can feel the sound improved now, by the way.

Yes, that's how I perceived it with the sound quality.

The Axon 7 played best with Android 6, and the overall performance of the Axon 7 was best on Android 6.

I think that it is due to the poor implementation of Android 7 and 8 and that in turn have the software developers to borrow.

According to consistent reports, the U.S version has not deteriorated after the upgrades of Android.

There was also another developer team at work.

4 hours ago, SynekPablo said:

Yes, that's how I perceived it with the sound quality.

The Axon 7 played best with Android 6, and the overall performance of the Axon 7 was best on Android 6.

I think that it is due to the poor implementation of Android 7 and 8 and that in turn have the software developers to borrow.

According to consistent reports, the U.S version has not deteriorated after the upgrades of Android.

There was also another developer team at work.

@SynekPablo oh,i see.you must be a kind man.thx for your patient explanation!!

22 hours ago, Airwind said:

@SynekPablo oh,i see.you must be a kind man.thx for your patient explanation!!

I am also always happy when I have questions and find someone who wants to help seriously.

Therefore, I behave as I would expect from others.

On 7/7/2019 at 7:06 AM, SynekPablo said:

I am also always happy when I have questions and find someone who wants to help seriously.

Therefore, I behave as I would expect from others.

emmmm

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Huawei Mate 10 ALP-L09 (non pro version) running Emui 9.1.0.320 (Android Pie), not rooted phone.

32bit 192khz from 3.5mm audio jack works.

Test conditions:

Huawei Histen sound effects (Huawei's own equaliser for earphone/headphone use) is disabled

Poweramp build 853

Volume steps of 2 clicks up from silent

Enable direct volume control: On

No DVC: On

For some reason, audio on Hi-res output is quieter compared to OpenSL ES output. 

Weirdly on Hi-res output, setting the sample rate at 44.1khz and 176khz, the music speed is faster.  On 48khz, 96khz and 192khz, music is at correct speed.

Preset equalisers with higher bass and treble sound harsh.

Is there a way to get Hi-res audio output to be alittle louder, especially on lower volume; or is that how Poweramp works on Huawei phones with 32bit 192khz audio?

• 1 month later...

LG G7 here, Poweramp b857 and 858. Finally got the Pie version of android, but...

Until two days ago when I was on Oreo, everything was working fine. Now on Pie, multiples of 44.1kHz doesn't work anymore. 88.2, 176.4, 352.8 and actually 384kHz too stopped as well, when they're selected there's just no sound.

Apparently it does work with DVC off but the volume is just far too low. I'm talking about 100% volume without DVC is like 10% with it, and it just can't power my headphones.

I've always heard about problems with hi-res audio and Android Pie, but I couldn't really find much about this matter concerning the G7 somehow. Is there a workaround for this or I'll be stuck with 48, 96 and 192 samplerates now?

I always prefer to have the samplerate as the closest multiple of the song samplerate, so the odd multiples are actually a thing for me as someone with lots of DSDs, plus I do have some files that are native 88.2k. Don't ask, they just exist and there's who use them.

Other than that things are working fine as far as audio quality and player functions/stability just as it was before. The only thing is really with the weird samplerates...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

LG V40 ThinQ

Built-in 32-bit Audio DAC

despite that: Poweramp defaults to OpenESL 16 bit / 48 kHz while music is 24 bit / 44.1 kHz

I can see HiRes output in settings, but that is experimental.

Why doesn't Poweramp use the available HiRes output and DAC?

I can switch to HiRes output and then I get 24bit / 192 kHz

The word 'experimental' is confusing on a device which has hardware HiRes capabilities....

Screenshot_20200417-112532.png

34 minutes ago, Dennis74 said:

The word 'experimental' is confusing on a device which has hardware HiRes capabilities....

The word experimental is there because it is. It may work, it may not, depending on device model, manufacturer, ROM version (especially ROM version), and other factors. Even if the chipset high-res features, there is no guarantee it will work.

Andre

Hi, I have a question about high res flac files played from my S7 through Android Auto.

My car head unit plays stereo flac files up to 192kHz via android auto, whereas it will only play

up to 96kHz files via its own usb interface. The car is a 2020 Acura RDX with ELS 3D audio.

I wondered if the music is being downsampled from my phone, or is it truly being played from

192khz? This leads into my question about dvd-a files which it will also play and that sound great.

But via the usb interface, it only plays up to 24/48 kHz. I wondered if via your app and android auto,

whether my head unit will play dvd-a 5.1 24/96kHz or higher? If so, is it truly being played at that

resolution or again downsampled downhow to 24/48 which is the highest supported from the

usb interface? If anyone has a clue on this....

thx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @maxmp, something about v870 broke hires. Volume went too low. I'm on wired by the way with DVC enabled until 870 came. Had to troubleshoot that resulted to temporarily switching to OpenSL ES.

03:43:22.184 v3-build-870-arm64-play
Device: realme realme RMX1971 RMX1971 sdm710 "qcom" RMX1971 RMX1971_11_C.03 [arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, armeabi]

reading=/vendor/etc/audio_output_policy.conf
has direct_pcm_24, sampling_rates=44100|48000|88200|96000|176400|192000|352800|384000
AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DIRECT direct_pcm_24
has direct_pcm_24 formats=AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_24_BIT_PACKED|AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_8_24_BIT|AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_32_BIT
FLAG_VARIANT_DIRECT_HD via direct_pcm_24
forcing FLAG_DLFCN FLAG_NEEDS_DEEP_BUFFER FLAG_NEEDS_EXTRA_SLEEPS
USB can handle Hi-Res - sdk=29
OK flags=0x874616600000000
FLAG_VARIANT_DIRECT_HD
FLAG_SUPPORTS_PCM_8_24
FLAG_SUPPORTS_PCM_24
FLAG_SUPPORTS_PCM_32
FLAG_SUPPORTS_UNITY_GAIN_STREAM
FLAG_SUPPORTS_USB
FLAG_NEEDS_EXTRA_SLEEPS
FLAG_SUPPORTS_LDAC
FLAG_DLFCN
FLAG_NEEDS_DEEP_BUFFER
FLAG_ALLOW_DVC_EFFECT
FLAG_BT_DVC_EFFECT
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_384K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_352K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_192K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_176K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_96K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_88K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_48K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_44K

Edited by invaderzim

@M Akmal Please note that I don't have this particular device on hand for testing, so real output may be standard definition if device force-resamples audio back to 48/16. This can be only verified by capturing 3.5 output and analyzing the spectrum. 

15 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@M Akmal Please note that I don't have this particular device on hand for testing, so real output may be standard definition if device force-resamples audio back to 48/16. This can be only verified by capturing 3.5 output and analyzing the spectrum. 

Oh OK then. But seriously, I immediately notice the different audio between older builts and this recent version. Don't know what I should do but thank you.

Edit: and yes, I tried it using my 24-bit 96khz flac music from several album collections.

Edited by M Akmal

• 3 weeks later...