Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

@gLer Unfortunately I don't have these devices on hand. I may get X5 soon, as for M11 - that is a completely different device, so any changes for X5 won't affect Hi-Res support on M11. There is a custom build for M11, but the remote "debugging" requires some efforts from the device owner (install / try to use / extract logs / send / repeat).

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

@gLer Unfortunately I don't have these devices on hand. I may get X5 soon, as for M11 - that is a completely different device, so any changes for X5 won't affect Hi-Res support on M11. There is a custom build for M11, but the remote "debugging" requires some efforts from the device owner (install / try to use / extract logs / send / repeat).

Hi @maxmp - I have an M11 and would be happy to test and extract whatever files you need me to. Just let me know where to download it and I’ll do the rest. 

• 2 weeks later...

Poweramp supports hi-res on BT via AudioTrack (sample rate is auto configured) and Hi-Res output (sample rate can be manually adjusted). Also, Poweramp detects the actual codec used by BT (it’s visible in Audio Info popup - long press on meta info on the bottom of main screen or on equalizer screen - below equalizer), and it will automatically apply higher resolution sample rate/bit depth if appropriate codecs are used - LDHC/LDAC.

Hi @maxmp  I was wondering for the ZTE axon 7 mini it has hi-res output but it says it's using the snapdragon 24bit PCM dac is this true and it's not using the 32 bit akm4962 dac? Because I'm abit confused  And is it possible to make Poweramp use the akm dac? Thank you 

I'm using build 830 and android 6.0.1Screenshot_2019-06-08-00-04-57.thumb.jpg.e97ecb0fd00f37565ee425dc4e085ef0.jpg

OPPO Reno十倍变焦版(Reno 10X zoom)

Android 10 ColorOS 7

22:35:49.750 v3-build-875-arm64-play
Device: OPPO OPPO PCCM00 PCCM00 msmnile "qcom" OP46C3 PCCM00_11_C.23 [arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, armeabi]

msmnile is_snapdragon
FAILED to read=/vendor/etc/audio_output_policy.conf
reading=/vendor/etc/audio_io_policy.conf
has direct_pcm_24, sampling_rates=44100|48000|88200|96000|176400|192000|352800|384000
AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DIRECT direct_pcm_24
has direct_pcm_24 formats=AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_24_BIT_PACKED|AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_8_24_BIT|AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_32_BIT
FLAG_VARIANT_DIRECT_HD via direct_pcm_24
forcing FLAG_DLFCN FLAG_NEEDS_DEEP_BUFFER FLAG_NEEDS_EXTRA_SLEEPS
USB can handle Hi-Res - sdk=29
OK flags=0x874616600000000
FLAG_VARIANT_DIRECT_HD
FLAG_SUPPORTS_PCM_8_24
FLAG_SUPPORTS_PCM_24
FLAG_SUPPORTS_PCM_32
FLAG_SUPPORTS_UNITY_GAIN_STREAM
FLAG_SUPPORTS_USB
FLAG_NEEDS_EXTRA_SLEEPS
FLAG_SUPPORTS_LDAC
FLAG_DLFCN
FLAG_NEEDS_DEEP_BUFFER
FLAG_ALLOW_DVC_EFFECT
FLAG_BT_DVC_EFFECT
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_384K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_352K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_192K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_176K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_96K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_88K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_48K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_44K

P smart 2019 (huawei pot xl3) 
ROM: Emui 9.0 (Android 9) 
Not supported hi Res wired and speaker , just dac and Bluetooth. 

I recently update to 832 version but I just  have 2 options in hi res output (dac and Bluetooth), the thing is that in 790 version of the app, the 2 missing options(speaker and wired/aux) are including. 

I tested it and I realized that if there is a great improvement when activating the Hi res 24 bit 192khz, it sounds much better with flac files, but I just have this option in a outdated version :(

Screenshot_20190620_180649.jpg

Edited by andrewilley
Moved to High-res Requests thread

On 6/24/2019 at 7:19 PM, ZXVOVXZ said:

Re:  831/832

Does not support (fully updated) Samsung s8+ High Resolution output with options through the headphone jack. Please advise.

Thank you

That is the same problem for me (I have a Samsung s8+ too). In case of Samsung s8+ High Resolution output (through the headphone jack), there is not possible to have a good quality sound using 192 khz and 24 bits option.

I can only get Hi-Res output with Bluetooth and USB DAC. Info:

1. Moto G6 Plus (XT1926-8 evert)

2. Android 9.0 stock retbr build PPWS29.116-16-6

3. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rDAVQz-hmEFjcQqmCaH1xK-2GfAbo99v/view?usp=drivesdk

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon-630-mobile-platform

Audio Playback

Playback Dynamic Range: 130dB

Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (THD+N), Playback: -109dB

Sampling, Playback: 44.1kHz, 48kHz

PCM, Playback: Up to 192kHz/24bit

Amplifier output power: Up to 4WS

peaker protection: Speaker protection

On 6/26/2019 at 2:47 PM, Nacho2018 said:

That is the same problem for me (I have a Samsung s8+ too). In case of Samsung s8+ High Resolution output (through the headphone jack), there is not possible to have a good quality sound using 192 khz and 24 bits option.

I hope this will be resolved in the next update!🙏 Max??

4 minutes ago, Bmakk205 said:

I would like to request hi-res support for fiio m11 found here https://www.fiio.com/m11

1. Fiio m11 

2. Android 7.0

3.its a hi-res digital audio player https://www.fiio.com/m11

The M11 is already supported. Version 829 and up.

10 minutes ago, gLer said:

The M11 is already supported. Version 829 and up.

When I select the hi-res output and  play a song and try to skip to next song the sound stop while playing. I have to change the output back and forward or take headphones out to get sound back 

17 minutes ago, Bmakk205 said:

When I select the hi-res output and  play a song and try to skip to next song the sound stop while playing. I have to change the output back and forward or take headphones out to get sound back 

Please can you post a thread in the Bug Reports forum. Thanks.

Andre