Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

Please add support for FiiO DAPs (Devices). My device is the FiiO X7MKII.

(Unfortunately) running Android 5.1.1, seems to be close to stock with some added features.

This device is definitely capable of having 24 bit playback, as shown under “File Format Support” here. Also, the device’s stock music player provides 24 bit out.

Photo attached because the link is kinda unnecessary.

DA3FD29D-BEA9-4F88-827C-C8CC64FBB226.jpeg

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, wnh502shana said:

Device: FIIO M11

ROM: Stock 1.0.3,Android 7.0

SOC: Exynos 7872

DAC: akm4493eq*2

it supports dsd256 & 64b/384khz

there is no headphone-output in hires option-list,in version last 826,

thank you and waiting

here it is,but i can not find 'audio_output_policy.conf'.

audio_policy.conf

7fcadde37f788e5d.png

Edited by wnh502shana
additional info

1 hour ago, spinny319 said:

@maxmp Thanks for the reply, I downloaded the 826 build yesterday and it doesn't give me the option for hi res output with the built in 855 DAC or the LG Quad DAC enabled.

What hi-res outputs are available for you in Poweramp audio output settings?

On 4/26/2019 at 3:33 PM, maxmp said:

@spinny319 thanks for the screenshots. It seems it doesn't detect proper output on your device. I don't have G8 on hands yet, so it can be hard to debug remotely, but I'll send you a modified 826 build for testing shortly.

Maksim, could you please send me a modified 826 build? 

Can i ask why when i switching sample rate on Hi-Res output to 352.8kHz or higher the sound didnt coming out, but in 192kHz it can?? 

My device or my earphone which isnt supported to higher than 192kHz??

My device : Samsung A30

My earphone : non hi-res label earphone 

Screenshot_20190504-193248_Poweramp.jpg

4 hours ago, yoemanda97 said:

Can i ask why when i switching sample rate on Hi-Res output to 352.8kHz or higher the sound didnt coming out, but in 192kHz it can?? 

You want higher than 352.8Hzk ? I suspect you are secretly a bat! :)

Those odd frequencies appear to be multiples of 44.1kHz, whereas most of the higher rates tend to be clean multiples of 48kHz, I've actually never seen those before in anyone's posts.

I would suggest if your device is Samsung / Android Pie, then you should try either 192kHz / 24-bit or 384kHz / 32-bit.

Andre

12 hours ago, andrewilley said:

You want higher than 352.8Hzk ? I suspect you are secretly a bat! :)

Those odd frequencies appear to be multiples of 44.1kHz, whereas most of the higher rates tend to be clean multiples of 48kHz, I've actually never seen those before in anyone's posts.

I would suggest if your device is Samsung / Android Pie, then you should try either 192kHz / 24-bit or 384kHz / 32-bit.

Andre

Ah i see, thanks for the reply 

Hi - would be most grateful if you could add hi-res support for the FiiO M11 (Samsung Exynos 7872 SoC). This dap uses dual AK4493EQ dacs and the 16/48 resampling limitation is really holding Poweramp back! 

1. Device model - FiiO M11
  2. ROM version (Android version: 7.0 customised)
  3. Why do you think your device supports Hi-Res: https://www.fiio.com/m11

Many thanks...

build.prop

audio_policy.conf

Again, on behalf of the many people requesting support for FiiO X5iii devices. What's the hold up?

You've got the best UI of any player out there.

I've purchased this app twice, once on google play and once directly. And it still FAILS to support what a beta release of it did 2 years ago.

FiiO X5iii - 2x AKM 4490EN DAC's. These support 16/44.1 up through 32/384 and all multiples in between.

Android 5.1.1

I don't know why it's so difficult, but this device has three wired outputs, an unbalanced headphone connection, a balanced headphone connection, and a line out connection. Is this the source of the problems? I previously included screenshots explaining that only the first of these is barely supported by Poweramp. Only by selecting "disable speaker during hi res" and restarting the application does 16/192 even show up when a cable is connected to unbalanced 3.5mm headphone output. Every other connection reverts to 16/48.

On 4/26/2019 at 6:32 PM, maxmp said:

@wnh502shana ok, and /system/build.prop please? And then I think I can prepare a build ready for the testing on your device.

Hi @maxmp - thanks for all your efforts on this. Seems like there are multiple requests from FiiO M11/X5iii owners. The M11 is soon (likely next week) to be released in the US and Europe, which is going to lead to high demand for hi-res music software. I’m going to be writing a full review on the M11 and using Poweramp as an example, and I’ve already heard from numerous users waiting to buy Poweramp as soon as it supports hi-res headphone output on the device. I imagine adding support for the M11 and X5iii should be very similar so hopefully not too much extra work for you! Thanks again in advance and look forward to the revised build.