Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/15/2017 at 5:39 PM, gylomer said:

In an other post I said it was working with Onkyo DP-X1A but in fact it does not I tried to apply this trick

http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/8735-requests-for-hi-res-support/&page=6#comment-34753

it is not working  Probably because of a software update here some links witch can be useful to help to implement Power-amp V3 on Onkyo the first one from Pergasus21

http://www.head-fi.org/t/780642/onkyo-dp-x1-dual-sabre-dacs-balanced-sabre-btl-amp-mqa-dsd-256-android-5/3480#post_12254387

and this one from ironFly showing the issue showing in a logcat

http://www.head-fi.org/t/780642/onkyo-dp-x1-dual-sabre-dacs-balanced-sabre-btl-amp-mqa-dsd-256-android-5/13815#post_13264879

Please fix it for the Onkyo DP-X1A Hi res player

Device: Onkyo DP-X1A

Android version: 5.1.1

DAC: Twin SABRE ES9018K2M DACs

I know this has been requested before, but it has been nearly two years since it was. I would really love to use Poweramp and get the most out of my device too. 

audio_policy.conf

audio_policy_entry.conf

audio_policy_high.conf

Device Model: iBasso DX200 (DAP, not a phone).

ROM Version: Stock Android 8.1

Reason: Dual ESS9028Pro, I think the DACs definitely supports Hi-Res...

The OpenSL ES Hi-Res output only supports bluetooth and USB-DAC...There isn't such a file named audio_policy.conf either in /etc or /system/etc or /vendor/etc... I can only find a file called audio_policy_configuration.xml. hope it helps. 

audio_policy_configuration.xml

The DX200's default music player really sucks. Poweramp is way better. The only problem here is Hi-Hes output otherwise everything is perfect. So I sincerely hope Poweramp will add this feature on DX200...

Hi,

my device is Onkyo Granbeat (DP-CMX1), two DACs SS Sabre ES9018K2M, two amplifiers ESS Sabre 9601K, Android 6.0.1. I use Poweramp v3, full, beta version, build 816.

I tried to use Hi-Res audio output, but I had error on display.

I like Poweramp, more then original Music application, and I would like to listen Hi-Res music on it.

Pioneer XDP-300R

Stock Android 5.1.1

Poweramp reports Variant : Snapdragon 24-bit PCM

Pioneer states as Two absolutely top-class D/A converters with separate channels (ESS SABRE ES9018) are ready to transform high-resolution PCM with a resolution as high as 24bit/384kHz.

Would be awesome if it was supported, thank you :)

Hello,

I am on the latest beta from playstore and after updating my exynos 9810 note 9 to android pie/9, the hifi output is totally broken - super low volume (the volume control is let to the player as it's by default), bad sound quality and turning off/on dolby affect the sound tho it should not. Just to let you know if it's not already reported and guess on galaxy s9/s9+ exynos will be the same on the newest android.

Best Regards,

@cha0z_ On my (same-soc) S9+ it works OK for Pie update and I guess generally ROM/firmware/audio subsystem is the same, so it must be something with your settings. You haven't specified what output you use, though (BT or wired or else), and these are completely different outputs with completely different tweaks and issues (the wired output is own Samsung implementation which differs from any other OEM/stock Android, the bluetooth part is Google based with tweaks by Samsung).

Try settings / Audio / OpenSL ES Hi-Res Output / Restore Defaults

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

@cha0z_ On my (same-soc) S9+ it works OK for Pie update and I guess generally ROM/firmware/audio subsystem is the same, so it must be something with your settings. You haven't specified what output you use, though (BT or wired or else), and these are completely different outputs with completely different tweaks and issues (the wired output is own Samsung implementation which differs from any other OEM/stock Android, the bluetooth part is Google based with tweaks by Samsung).

Thanks for replying. Then samsung did something different to the note 9 android 9. I am testing wired headphones + reset fully the app + tried firstly your advice. The audio even with dvc on is affected by dolby atmost on/off, literally the effect is applied + the volume is low and bad quality. If I can help you any further - will do gladly, otherwise you can get your hands on note 9 on pie to check it out or wait for further feedback as the rollout is just starting + note 9 exynos Poweramp users are not that much in the numbers, so it will take some time for the reporting.

P.S. I am tech heavy person, and also on top of that rooting + customizing android phones for like 10+ years, I am sure I am not doing some lame things leading to my OS problems with Poweramp's hifi output. That note 9 is full stock tho, so it's not my doing for sure. :)

4 hours ago, maxmp said:

I use Bluetooth and mine says 16 bit still, what Bluetooth settings do you use max , in developer options perhaps??

6 hours ago, maxmp said:

i don't know why you keep saying that Hi-res works on the s9 Pie update,there are several people with the same issue who have post it and for a few weeks (several times myself).

15 hours ago, maxmp said:

Something that maybe would be helpful: note 9 has "dolby atmos for gaming" that is missing from the s9/s9+ phones, so it's really true that in android pie there is a difference to the sound part of note9 and s9/s9+. Dunno about others complains, I just say what I can to give you more information about what can potentially be the reason for the sound problem. Kinda sad as the Poweramp @ hi-res 24bit/44KHz without equ is really producing a lot better sound vs any settings I can put for the stock player (that is play music blah) + the overall UI is more than great... one of the few apps that I really pay for with a smile. Hope you can track down the reasoning for the bad sound output affected by system settings that it should (and before it did) bypass, I really do. Cheers and thanks for the great player! :)

20 hours ago, cha0z_ said:

Thanks for replying. Then samsung did something different to the note 9 android 9. I am testing wired headphones + reset fully the app + tried firstly your advice. The audio even with dvc on is affected by dolby atmost on/off, literally the effect is applied + the volume is low and bad quality. If I can help you any further - will do gladly, otherwise you can get your hands on note 9 on pie to check it out or wait for further feedback as the rollout is just starting + note 9 exynos Poweramp users are not that much in the numbers, so it will take some time for the reporting.

P.S. I am tech heavy person, and also on top of that rooting + customizing android phones for like 10+ years, I am sure I am not doing some lame things leading to my OS problems with Poweramp's hifi output. That note 9 is full stock tho, so it's not my doing for sure. :)

Yes. Can confirm volume through wired output is lower than it was on Oreo. And OpenSL ES Hi-Res not working for wired out anymore. Thought I was alone :(

22 hours ago, maxmp said:

Tried but did not solve the problem. On Oreo, OpenSL ES Hi-Res Output mentioned variant as 'Samsung UHQA', now it mentions variant as 'USB DAC/BT only'. My build number is G960FXXU2CRLO.

11 minutes ago, musick said:

Tried but did not solve the problem. On Oreo, OpenSL ES Hi-Res Output mentioned variant as 'Samsung UHQA', now it mentions variant as 'USB DAC/BT only'. My build number is G960FXXU2CRLO.

For me it still says "Samsung UHQA PCM" , but sadly the sound is broken + clearly going via the samsung processing.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 N910C (Exynos Variant)
Stock Android Marshmallow 6.0.1
It has 24/192 capability from Pacific WM5110 Sound chip.

Hi-Res option is there, but when I enable it WITH DVC, some stuttering sound comes but no music at all. When I enable it and then disable DVC, music plays but it's quality is very poor; especially when you increase the bass the sound becomes unhearable due to the punching/volume lowering of the basses.

On 1/10/2019 at 10:36 PM, pxc said:

Device Model: iBasso DX200 (DAP, not a phone).

ROM Version: Stock Android 8.1

Reason: Dual ESS9028Pro, I think the DACs definitely supports Hi-Res...

The OpenSL ES Hi-Res output only supports bluetooth and USB-DAC...There isn't such a file named audio_policy.conf either in /etc or /system/etc or /vendor/etc... I can only find a file called audio_policy_configuration.xml. hope it helps. 

audio_policy_configuration.xml

The DX200's default music player really sucks. Poweramp is way better. The only problem here is Hi-Hes output otherwise everything is perfect. So I sincerely hope Poweramp will add this feature on DX200...

This please,that would be amazing.