Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

On 9/1/2018 at 9:46 PM, maxmp said:

@Pranavpauskar I don't think I can reproduce this on my OnePlus 5, though it's 5T on stock 5.1.5 ROM. All OnePluses on stock ROMs support hi-res in Poweramp, starting from OnePlus One (1st variant) ending with OnePlus 6.

I guess u ain't gonna bother with custom ROMs for the OnePlus One, amirite? Because official ROM is stuck on marshmallow 6.0 while the majority of bacon users are probably using anything from nougat 7.1 to pie 9.0. And on all of those, hi res output doesn't really work. Except for opensl hi res via Bluetooth, alltough also very limited. That's sad because the hardware potential is there. Maybe it's a ROM issue, in that case, would u mind taking a look at the source of posp (it's the first pie ROM that got released and others are more or less based on @agent_fabulous' pie port, aka. posp). https://github.com/PotatoDevices 

It'd be brilliant if u could help us bacon users, knowing the potential is there but being unable to use it, sucks.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, LPW00 said:

I guess u ain't gonna bother with custom ROMs for the OnePlus One, amirite?

Unfortunately it's hard enough to keep up with official ROMs for hundreds of different devices, and pretty-much impossible to test on all the assorted non-official ROMs that are around for every device too.

Andre

1.Xperia Z5

2.android7.0

3. …日本語で失礼します。

β790ではハイレゾのセッティングが(Open SL HDのみですが)出来ますが、最新のβ799を含むその他のバージョンは全てのハイレゾセッティングの項目が出ません。

可能でしたら対応お願い致します。

1.设备型号:LG G6 H870DS
2.ROM版本:Android 8.0.0,OTA ROM
3.SOC:Qualcomm Snapdragon 821
   DAC:ES9218 +

4.build 799 no support for DSD256 11.2MHz.but DSD64 2.82MHz and DSD128 5.64MHz supported.

flac can support up to 24Bit 352.8KHz 9648KBPS.

https://www.lg.com/hk/mobile-phone/lg-H870DS-Black-64GB

audio_policy.conf.rar

Edited by jaz_2004

My phone is Nokia 7plus.

Seems like it has high res. And it does play when I switch for headphones. But high res sounds muffled in a way. Like if I play a bass heavy track, the bass tries isn't open sounding somehow like it should sound (as in the default output). Am I missing any settings? Or do I need wav files only to play the high res correctly? 

audio_policy.conf

On 10/21/2018 at 6:30 AM, maxmp said:

Hi-Res + DVC combination doesn't work on Pie ROMs currently. (You may disable DVC for Hi Res or use DVC + normal output for e.g. deep basses).

Yeah that's what I mean. The bass isn't deep in high res. Even was the case in oreo. Is that normal? 

For Pie, at this moment it either no hires, but dvc (normal outputs) or hi-res and less equalization (or lower volume via preamp to allow more headroom for equalization).

If you want more basses I would suggest using normal outputs as you just waste battery on high res output, but you equalize audio a lot anyway.

13 hours ago, maxmp said:

For Pie, at this moment it either no hires, but dvc (normal outputs) or hi-res and less equalization (or lower volume via preamp to allow more headroom for equalization).

If you want more basses I would suggest using normal outputs as you just waste battery on high res output, but you equalize audio a lot anyway.

I am not a bass fanatic. But i would like to feel if the high res output is too different. I felt the bass issue the most in a few Aphex Twin tracks. Specially xtal. The bass level seems fine. Just seems a bit muffled. As if it were a bit mono. 

Using normal output till there is a solution to it...(?) 

To ger “pure” output (no volume level or anything changed by Poweramp) on hi-res output use (in hi res output settings):

- No DVC: on

- No headroom gain: on

- either use Flat equalizer preset and bass/treble to 0, or use No Equ: on option in output settings, or disable equ/tone on equalizer pages

- ensure preamp is set to middle position

- other stuff like reverb, stereo x, music fx should be disabled on equalizer screens

This gives pure “as is” output on any volume levels. Android fully manages volume then (integer multiplication). 

Actually this works for any PA output type as well.

But such pure (hi res or not) sound usually received as flat and not interesting by many;-)

Xiaomi Mi6

Android 8.0.0 / Miui 10.0.1.0  Official Global Stable

audio_policy.conf

audio_output_policy.conf

Hi, I am make some test with hi-res output and i see something strange. When sample rate is set to 88khz sound produced by device output has not linear signature, on any other sampling rates settings every thing looks ok. This mean my device work only correct with 48k sampling rates and multiples of this value, and in other case shitty android resampler work with various results?

wave.thumb.jpg.81d0330e45331211b74925f81a1d14c5.jpg

Red is 88k and blue is 96k, problem doesn't exist on 44.1khz settings.

Best regards from Poland.

12 hours ago, maxmp said:

To ger “pure” output (no volume level or anything changed by Poweramp) on hi-res output use (in hi res output settings):

- No DVC: on

- No headroom gain: on

- either use Flat equalizer preset and bass/treble to 0, or use No Equ: on option in output settings, or disable equ/tone on equalizer pages

- ensure preamp is set to middle position

- other stuff like reverb, stereo x, music fx should be disabled on equalizer screens

This gives pure “as is” output on any volume levels. Android fully manages volume then (integer multiplication). 

Actually this works for any PA output type as well.

But such pure (hi res or not) sound usually received as flat and not interesting by many;-)

and limit off, right?

On 12/5/2017 at 4:03 PM, Gungeonkeeper said:

LG V10

Android Nougat (7.0 OTA)

Snapdragon 808 + Sabre ES9018C2M

Already tried with build 704 but it fails on activation.

Everything works and sounds great on the 790 build. After that, hi-res doesn't work anymore (fails on activation). 

P.S. I know in the 790 build it may show hi-res working even if it's not but I can't ignore the clearly much better sounding audio... Every other build after just gives hi-res fail message AND inferior sound quality.