Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

1. Device model - Onkyo DP-X1  - Digital Audio Player
  2. ROM version - Android version 5.1.1 stock ROM
  3. 2x ESS Sabre ES9018K2M and   2x ESS Sabre 9601K in BTL config and Active Control Ground (an industry first)

I use Poweramp alpha build 703 now, it works well. I post this specification just in case for dual dac and full balanced android player.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/4/2559 at 8:25 PM, maxmp said:

Your device supports Hi-Res audio _output_* (at least 24bit, at least 96khz sampling rate), but Poweramp v3.0 alpha doesn't support it?
Request the support here!

Please provide (requests without these items will be deleted):

1. Device model
  2. ROM version (Android version, stock/OTA/Custom ROM)
  3. Why do you think your device supports Hi-Res (link to device features, etc.)? A copy of your device's /etc/audio_policy.conf file may be helpful.

Please note, this is for Hi-Res output requests, just playback (with resampling) of hi-res audio is already implemented by Poweramp v2.0 for all devices/ROMs.

On 7/4/2559 at 7:26 PM, fmc000 said:

Already enabled...

Already enabled...

On 22/4/2559 at 1:36 PM, anann said:
  1. Device model - Onkyo DP-X1  - Digital Audio Player
  2. ROM version - Android version 5.1.1 stock ROM
  3. 2x ESS Sabre ES9018K2M and   2x ESS Sabre 9601K in BTL config and Active Control Ground (an industry first)

I use Poweramp alpha build 703 now, it works well. I post this specification just in case for dual dac and full balanced android player.

Already enabled...

Pioneer XDP-100R

Android 5.1.1

Processor Qualcomm APQ8074PRO-AB

This is a dedicated HiRes audio player that plays all possible HiRes files through its own Music app. However, some of these do not play through Poweramp, a player that I find much better than the standard Music player and that I use all the time. These files are (I give the content of what is in the tag info) :

AIFF at 192 kHz 24 bit 9216 kbps does not play at all (I see the warning : failed to play file)

PCM_S24BE 96kHz 32 bit 4608 kbps does play but with constant static (dvc on or off)

PCM_S24BE 88.2kHz 32 bit 4233 kbps does play but with constant static (dvc on or off)

PCM_S24BE 48kHz 32 bit 2304 kbps however does play correctly

On 4/30/2016 at 1:57 PM, Bracket said:

Pioneer XDP-100R

Can you please send (PM) your /etc/audio_policy.conf file and build.props file? I'll check if adding Hi-Res is possible for this device.

Thanks!

1. Huawei Nexus 6P

2. Android 6.0.1 (Stock+OTA Updates)

3. (Step 15 Qualcomm WCD9330 Audio Codechttps://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nexus+6P+Teardown/51660,

Snapdragon 810 features (http://www.anandtech.com/show/8933/snapdragon-810-performance-preview),

specs - http://consumer.huawei.com/minisite/worldwide/nexus6p/specifications.htm 

Hope it will work

audio_policy.conf

1. Lenovo A7010. За пределами РФ он же - Lenovo Vibe X3 Light. 

• Процессор MediaTek 8 ядер MT6753Т 1,3 ГГц 

2. Android 5.1, Lenovo Vibe ROM: A7010a_48_S152_160302ROW 

3. DAC - Wolfson 8281  http://www.cirrus.com/en/mobile/products/pro/detail/P1403.html

Файл конфигурации прилагается 

audio_policy.conf

1. Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F

2. Fully "official" CM13, Boeffla kernel (i'll check if anolything'll change without it, but my doubths are too high)

3. Snapdragon 24-bit PCM, as in OPO and many others.

I've seen my sgs5 in "compatible" list already, but every time i'm trying to enable it, it gives me error and changes back to original OpenSL, so no hi-res experience so far. Already checked in build.prop, that line about audio.offload.pcm.24bit.enable is present and set to "true". What else can be done?.. Thanks in advance.

1. Meizu m2 mini
  2. flyme os 4.5.4i 
  3. WM8281 & MediaTek MT6735  http://www.electronicsweekly.com/uncategorised/mediatek-adds-hi-fi-smartphones-wolfson-2014-04/ 
  4. If you modify audio_policy.conf, in Poweramp it becomes available hi-res output, build, 702. Build 703 for this device Hi-RES output for Meizu does not work. As you can see from the screenshots hi-res output works? Usually, when you turn HI-RES output with a frequency of more than 48000, the sound in the headphones can not hear, until a couple of times to switch several types of audio outputs, (opensl es then audiotrask then hi-res) then choose 96,000 and even 192,000 and the sound is heard)
  5. MTK supports HI-RES output?

1.jpg

2.jpg

MOD_audio_policy.conf

build.prop

ORIGINAL_audio_policy.conf

On 6/4/2016 at 1:20 AM, maxmp said:

Still, even with 24=>16 resampling by Lenovo (I guess, this is due to Dolby being 16-bit only, it supports 192khz though), Hi-Fi audio path is better, and I'm adding separate "Lenovo Hi-Fi" variant into Hi-Res output plugin (Android 6.0+).

Hi @maxmp

That's interesting that Poweramp is the first (that I know) support Turbo Hifi for X3. I can see the difference when switching between HiFi Mode.(In Build 703).

1. So the maximum of resolution is 24/48 and 16/192 currently and this is limited by Lenovo. Can you suggest anything to Lenovo's engineer or maybe you can help to improve it?

2. Currently, we have stock Music app (Chinese version), Poweramp and...TTPod can support Turbo Hifi. These apps can play Hi-Res file also but I don't know if this have to downsample or not.

3. The Tips for using Turbo HiFi is same as "Dac Fix for LG V10". We can play a blank audio file by stock Music player(or TTPod) and in the same time play music with Neutron, Sony Walkman...and we can see the difference when switching HiFi Mode. and of course we can not know if the signal go to DAC is Hi-Res.

I already purchased Poweramp for such thing you did in Build 703. Thank you.

Hello @maxmp, here's my info:

1. OnePlus One (A0001/bacon)

2. 6.0.1 (NoSpamDan CandySix) http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/orig-development/rom-candysix-bacon-t3301580

3. Snapdragon 24-bit PCM

So actually, this is my ROM (lol) and a user asked about Poweramp support.  What am I missing here?  I do have audio.offload.pcm.24bit.enable=true in the system.prop, maybe it's the audio policy?

https://github.com/CandyDevices/device_oneplus_bacon/blob/c6/system.prop

https://github.com/CandyDevices/device_oneplus_bacon/blob/c6/audio/audio_policy.conf

On 12/4/2016 at 8:08 PM, maxmp said:

Usable bit width is hard to measure independently - it can measured vis SNR, but there are to many factors which affect SNR (most DACs are 24/32 bits nowadays, but there is a noise in lower bits anyway for most audio content), but sample rate is easy to detect.

Axon mini is marketed to have the almost the same DAC/audio 32bit chip as Pro.
Axon mini produces max 48khz. I will try to obtain Pro model for tests, but that will certainly take some time (as they are available in selected parts of world).

ZTE Axon Elite (A2016) on Android 5.0.1 and you can select Wired Headset/AUX on Hi-Res output. It says Snapdragon 24bit PCM, so I don't know if it is using the hifi chip or it has something to do with the CPU.

1. SM-N910C (Note 4)

2. Android Stock 5.1.1

3. Wolfson WM5110 ->When I'm playing music files with Hi-Res there no sound except noises, the dispaly time is running in slow motion (1sec=4sec in real time) and the spectrum is still running (few seconds) after pausing the player.

Sscreenshot_2016_05_12_11_28_07.jpg

Also I have the same settings with my  Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (SM-T805) and the Hi-Res is working flawlessly.

On 4/5/2016 at 9:25 PM, maxmp said:

Your device supports Hi-Res audio _output_* (at least 24bit, at least 96khz sampling rate), but Poweramp v3.0 alpha doesn't support it?
Request the support here!

Please provide (requests without these items will be deleted):

1. Device model
  2. ROM version (Android version, stock/OTA/Custom ROM)
  3. Why do you think your device supports Hi-Res (link to device features, etc.)? A copy of your device's /etc/audio_policy.conf file may be helpful.

Please note, this is for Hi-Res output requests, just playback (with resampling) of hi-res audio is already implemented by Poweramp v2.0 for all devices/ROMs.

Samsung Galaxy note 4 (SM-N910U)

Android 5.1.1

I can select the hi res output option but I only  hear an annoying endless static instead of the music audio. I hope you can help

audio_policy.conf

1.Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro

2.Stock miui 7 based android 5.1

3.snapdragon 24bit output 

It's kinda buggy when i plug the aux/headset the sound play in loudspeaker if i play w/ the hi-res output this happen almost every time