Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LG V10 w/ ESS Sabre 9018 32bit DAC.  Stock rom MM 6.0.

Currently PA shows Snapdragon 24bit.

It does work with the Snapdragon chip but not so much the ESS SABRE chip.  When switching between the two, the only difference is the built in amp.

1. Pixel XL

2. stock ROM, Android 7.1.1

3. According to the blog by Qualcomm https://www.qualcomm.com/news/snapdragon/2016/10/04/pixel-phones-made-google-powered-snapdragon-821, support for 192kHz/24bit audio is brought by Snapdragon to Pixel XL:

The power of the Snapdragon 821 processor extends into the Pixel smartphones’ audio capabilities through stunning Hi-Fi audio playback. The phone features the Qualcomm Aqstic audio codec, designed to deliver high dynamic range and high-resolution playback up to 192kHz/24bit to create a remarkable audio experience designed to match the demands of the modern audiophile.

Also I tested with USB Audio Player PRO from Google Play, it is able to output 192kHz/24bit audio on my phone.

Thanks!

On 4/5/2016 at 6:25 AM, maxmp said:

Your device supports Hi-Res audio _output_* (at least 24bit, at least 96khz sampling rate), but Poweramp v3.0 alpha doesn't support it?
Request the support here!

Please provide (requests without these items will be deleted):

1. Device model
  2. ROM version (Android version, stock/OTA/Custom ROM)
  3. Why do you think your device supports Hi-Res (link to device features, etc.)? A copy of your device's /etc/audio_policy.conf file may be helpful.

Please note, this is for Hi-Res output requests, just playback (with resampling) of hi-res audio is already implemented by Poweramp v2.0 for all devices/ROMs.

1)  LG V20, model number vs995

2)  Android Version. 7.0

3)  Your description on the google play store states that there is High Res support for the LG V10 and im positive the V20 is as well. Here is a link that you requested. http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-v20-quad-dac-explained-713587/ 

Thanks in advance for the help. Poweramp is a really impressive application.

On 4/5/2016 at 6:25 AM, maxmp said:

Your device supports Hi-Res audio _output_* (at least 24bit, at least 96khz sampling rate), but Poweramp v3.0 alpha doesn't support it?
Request the support here!

Please provide (requests without these items will be deleted):

1. Device model
  2. ROM version (Android version, stock/OTA/Custom ROM)
  3. Why do you think your device supports Hi-Res (link to device features, etc.)? A copy of your device's /etc/audio_policy.conf file may be helpful.

Please note, this is for Hi-Res output requests, just playback (with resampling) of hi-res audio is already implemented by Poweramp v2.0 for all devices/ROMs.

1. LG V20 (model number vs995)

2. Android 7.0 (stock)

3. ESS ES9218 Quad DAC

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-v20-quad-dac-explained-713587/

On 2016. 9. 4. at 10:33 PM, liwangli said:

1.oneplus3

2.open beta 9 (7.0)

3.in open beta 7 I used hi-res very well.But in beta 9 I can't use.When I turn on hi-res it said "failed:Poweramp Hi-Res Exp Output (using default output).I use 704

Screenshot_20161223-100325.png

@maxmp

Currently Lenovo Vibe X3 can use Hi-Res with Lenovo Hifi (Buld 703). I just want to ask you if you can build another version that can use Snapdragon 24 bit PCM for Lenovo Vibe X3.

I understand why you said that Vibe X3 only support 24 bits/ 48 Khz. This is because hifi_flag is set as 0. If hifi_flag is 1, Vibe X3 can support 24/192 naturally ( I mean compress_offload playback). When I use V3 Build 703 with Lolilop, it can support 24/192 normally.

Thank you and hope you can help us.

Phone: Mi5

Custom rom: MIUI8 based on Android 7.

Snapdragon 24-bit PCM

The latest Poweramp beta version(704) has the hi-res output option but when I turn it on, it says Failed: hi res output and automaticly switched into default settings.

On 5/4/2016 at 8:25 PM, maxmp said:

Perangkat Anda mendukung Hi-Res audio yang _ output_ * (setidaknya  24bit , setidaknya 96 khz sampling rate), tapi Poweramp v3.0 alpha tidak mendukungnya?
Meminta dukungan di sini!

Mohon berikan (permintaan tanpa barang-barang tersebut akan dihapus):

1. Model perangkat
  2. Versi ROM (versi Android, saham / OTA / Custom ROM)
  3. Mengapa Anda berpikir perangkat Anda mendukung Hi-Res (link ke fitur perangkat, dll)? Salinan perangkat Anda  /etc/audio_policy.conf  file mungkin membantu.

Harap dicatat, ini adalah untuk Hi-Res  keluaran permintaan, hanya playback (dengan resampling) audio hi-res sudah dilaksanakan oleh Poweramp v2.0 untuk semua perangkat / ROM.

ACER Z150

ANDROID 4.2.2

Hmm, I guess I'll throw this on here. 

HTC m9

Custom rom: Viper one m9 ver. 5.3.0

Android 6.0.1

The m9 is supported, and it was working fine with Viper one m9 version 4.3.0. Not sure why 5.3.0 caused Dolby audio to crash and Poweramp to stop responding and freeze all audio outputs. 

Hi everyone,

- OnePlus One

- ResurrectionRemix v5.8.0 (7.1.1)

- Boeffla Kernel

Before I use ResurrectionRemix (6.0.1) with Boeffla and Hi-Res work. Now with the new version of Android Hi-Res don't work (fail). I'm use alfa 704.

Sorry if my English is bad.

1. LG V20 (model number vs995)

2. Android 7.0 (stock)

3. ESS ES9218 Quad DAC

I Delate before powerapp, and reinstall 704 Build in this homepage.

704 ver shows my phone HI-Res Ouput, But it can't selected. (If i check it, my select is reverts to OpenSL ES Output)

Android One -  General Mobile 5 Plus (shamrock) 

Android 7.0 (it was working on Android 6.0 24 bit 192khz)(both stock)

Working=6.0 and build 703

Not working =7.0 and build 704 (no option on 703)

I bought unlocker. 

Snapdragon 617 internal DAC (i dont know its name, and i'm not rooted for copying the policy file)