Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

->    ZTE Axon 7
->    stock (ships with 6.0.x)
->    Dedicated Audio Chipset: AKM 4962 + 4490 (Dedicated DAC and ADC for hi-fi sound playback and recording) - 24 (or 32) bit / 192 khz
->    https://www.zteusa.com/axon7

audio_policy.conf from US ZTE Axon 7 (A2017U) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxsYxFMFR28gdXctRmJ3T0Jfa0E/view?usp=drivesdk

With an actual US release phone in hand, it has the option for hi res audio for the internal Snapdragon 24-bit PCM, but not the special DAC chips in the phone.

Hi max,

Could you please add Hi Res support for ZTE Axon 7? I see thats already several people asked for that too in this forum.

1. ZTE AXON 7

2. ANDROID 6.01

3. DAC: AKM4490+4491

I see that if i enable Hi Res in the current build, it is using the Snapdragon chipset DAC, not the AKM DAC. Can you please confirm this Max? Because ZTE claimed that the AKM DAC provide a better sound for headset.

waiting for your answer. Cheers.

On 05.04.2016 at 4:25 PM, maxmp said:

Your device supports Hi-Res audio _output_* (at least 24bit, at least 96khz sampling rate), but Poweramp v3.0 alpha doesn't support it?
Request the support here!

Please provide (requests without these items will be deleted):

1. Device model
  2. ROM version (Android version, stock/OTA/Custom ROM)
  3. Why do you think your device supports Hi-Res (link to device features, etc.)? A copy of your device's /etc/audio_policy.conf file may be helpful.

Please note, this is for Hi-Res output requests, just playback (with resampling) of hi-res audio is already implemented by Poweramp v2.0 for all devices/ROMs.

HTC One M8 Sprint

ViperOne M8 6.1 Android 6.0 custom ROM on based stock Sense

DAC Qualcomm WCD9320

audio_policy.conf

Hello forums, actually wanted to state/request 2 devices

Verizon galaxy s5 (g900v)

android verson 6.0.1

Works great when enabled, just needs to be added to full build

Nvidia shield tablet

OTA update 4.3 (android version 6.0.1)

Now does anyone know how to enable hi-res audio on this device, as Nvidia officially added support for 24-bit@192kHz Stereo output in OTA update 4.2 as scene here, but the option to enable hi-res audio in the alpha build only has a slider for USB DAC. Any help on this issue would be greatly appriacted as I don't understand the magic of config editing.

On 01.09.2016 at 1:36 AM, vOidward said:

I second this. I already use the high res audio, but it claims it's using the snapdragon variant. Would be nice to use the actual DAC chip.

I join for your request. I also bought Axon 7 with hope to use the built-in DAC, but I can not find a player's operation, which would clearly indicate the use of the internal DAC's Ak4490/4961.

1. LG V20 (Korean SK telecom F800)

2. Android N 7.0, build NRD90M, stock ROM F800S10s

3. ESS ES9218.

stock music player (as well as many generic music player apps) can playback 24bit files in DIRECT mode without SRC, dumpsys media.audio_flinger while playing 24/44 in stock player is attached. however 16bit files will be resampled to 16/48 in MIXER path with those players.

Hi-Res option in Poweramp alpha 704 does show up, but doesn't work, always "Failed: Poweramp Hi-Res Exp Output" no matter which output sample rate or buffer size I choose.

audio_policy.conf

dumpsys_audio.txt

dumpsys_media_audio_flinger.txt

dumpsys_media_audio_policy.txt

mixer_paths_tasha.xml

build.prop

1. Device model: LG V20 Sprint (LG-LS997)
  2. ROM version : Stock ROM (Android 7.0)
  3. The device is explicitly branded as supporting Hi-Res audio, and has an ESS DAC (ES9218) capable of outputting it. Poweramp does not show the hi-res option, unlike the user above. I suspect this is due to differences in carrier models (The Sprint model also does not have a stock music app for some reason). UPDATE: The option not showing was due to the fact that I had the 703 build, not the 704 one:P (it still doesn't work)

audio_policy.conf

On 12/17/2016 at 9:25 AM, wellivea1 said:
  1. Device model: LG V20 Sprint (LG-LS997)
  2. ROM version : Stock ROM (Android 7.0)
  3. The device is explicitly branded as supporting Hi-Res audio, and has an ESS DAC (ES9218) capable of outputting it. Poweramp does not show the hi-res option, unlike the user above. I suspect this is due to differences in carrier models (The Sprint model also does not have a stock music app for some reason).

have you tested with alpha 704? (the latest version in play store is 703)