Purchase problem...my problem!

Yuls

Hi from Spain! and sorry if my english is poor :)

I'm probing the trial version from website download in my "new" parrot asteroid smart (android 2.3 without playstore services) and the player is cool! i decided to buy it and my brilliant idea was to purchase from my asus zenpad tablet with playstore service.... In tablet the activation was correct but now i want to activate Poweramp in parrot device and I can't do it...

I know is my problem and my error....but....there was any way to activate my google account purchase in my other device without google services (parrot only have an own store)

Sorry for the inconvenience! And thank you all!

Thank u very much for your quickly answer. Really i read the FAQ and think that I can't do but....the hope....he he

Thak u again!

EDIT: Indeed, I can do it. I follow a "tuto" and i can install google services and playsotore in parrot asteroid, but the limited internal memory is a problem...after installed apk, the free space are only 30mb..... Then, I can install it and activate, but when I unistall google services, Poweramp wont start and I lose the activation...

Yuls, can you add an SD card to the parrot device and move as many apps as you can there? That way maybe you have enough space to install the Google Play Services, activate Poweramp and then move the apps back, or something like that.

Also, if you feel more comfortable writing in Spanish, I'm from Spain too and you can send me a private message. Mind you, my knowledge about these things is quite limited, so maybe it's better to try to write in English here and get more elaborate and quality replies ;)

Yeah, the unit have a 5gb internal memory, but de system internal memory only have 600mb....(great from parrot!!) I move all tha apps that I can, but only gain a few mb...and system apps can't move to "internal SD"...

Thanks for the tip. My english is poor, but, if you can understand me, i understand you! ;) And so, the other people can help me too.

PD: Google translator suck!! jajajja

If the system memory is so low, there's little you can do, unfortunately. I can understand that vendors try to reduce manufacturing costs, and that usually mean low storage, but some of them reduce the system storage so much that the device ends up being totally useless. In this case, the problem is not only the lack of system memory, but the fact that the "Parrot Store" doesn't have the apps you need.

I don't see what you can do here. For Poweramp to work (check the license) I suppose you need Google Play services installed. That means you need, at a bare minimum, 80 MB (If I recall correctly) to store both apps (Play and Poweramp), and throw another 100 MB, at least, for the data that Google Play Services needs (at least in my terminal the amount is about 100-150MB, on average). If you add the amount needed by Poweramp itself, the total amount of storage consumed may be well above 300MB. Impossible to fit that and the system apps (and their data, presumably) in 600MB.

Maybe some Android guru can give you some trick to achieve what you want, but certainly I don't have any idea about how to fix this.

And don't worry, I can understand your English ;) And I insist, if you have problems explaining anything in English, just drop me a note and I'll translate it for you, no problem.

Yes, Google translator sucks most of the time :D

Ha Ha Ha, really sucks! (the translator)

Well, i'm not newbie in this world, i was fight in past with the galaxy ace and his little system memory and try to fix it to my causin don't coming crazy, moving system apps to SD and more. Result: bad working....

Finally I felt down from my cloud....and reset the unit (parrot) to factory and I conform with the basic apps came in!

Ok, the handsfree is the best I probe and the sound quality with my Alpine amp are all the good i can dream ;)

Thanks for help me! but i understand when the manufacturer save money, the user pay....simple...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived