Not picking up sd card songs on s7 edge

I've been using Poweramp for years now with my HTC phones and haven't experienced  this problem before. I don't know if it's a problem with the phone, the software, or the fact it's a 128gb sd card. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. 

New versions of Android, and variants from different manufacturers, seem to move SD Cards around just because they can, it's hard to keep up! Why the hell Google didn't set a better naming policy in place in the first place and stick to it is beyond me. Calling internal memory 'sdcard' and then real SD Cards something different always seemed bonkers to me, as did blocking user access by default (can you imagine buying a PC and being told you aren't allowed write-access to your second hard drive or USB sticks?).

Andre

Andre, this is not the worst thing Google has done with Android. Frankly, I don't know how one can write an Android app and keep sanity, taking into account the enormous amount of stupid behaviours Android presents (and that without mentioning the fact that EVERY vendor tweaks Android for their products creating a whole variety of new and interesting bugs).

I fully agree with you, Andre, totally bonkers.

Archived