Bluetooth - songlist

I've got an Android tablet/car stereo.  I leave my phone either at home or at work a LOT, so I started playing music from my car stereo that was stored on my phone via bluetooth.  The music app that came as the default on my phone (a Galaxy Note 4) is just called "music".  (It's a green music note on a circular white field with a blue border) shows the name of the song that's playing via bluetooth plus it shows a list of the songs on the album/playlist.  That's a REALLY nice feature.  And that is where the nice features of that music app end.  The biggest drawback that it has (to me) is that it won't play music gaplessly.  I listen to live and continuous music all the time and those pauses where none should exist ARE irritating.  There are a bunch of other drawbacks, but that (to me) is the biggest one.  Poweramp has none of those drawbacks.  The problem is, I can't seem to find a way to get Poweramp to display that songlist.  I actually got desperate and curious enough to download and try a bunch (10-12) other music apps.  Compared to Poweramp, they all stink, and none of them show that list anyway.  So, I either do without the list I really like - or I listen to music with gaps where no gaps belong.  Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!  They really would.

Thanks 

At the moment, Poweramp only passes fairly limited metadata on the current track to bluetooth devices, so you can't do it at present. In fact you can't even do it on the playback device itself at the moment (although a number have people have asked for such an upcoming tracks list in the past).

I'll move this to the feature requests forum though, 

Andre

Now I'm even more confused.  Why then does that music app on the Note 4 just called music display a list?  Not that I doubt what you're saying at all, I just don't get it.  That app (with no name or help menu) is FAR inferior to Poweramp in every way I can think of.  Except that one single way.

Archived