Blackberry Z10 issues

alback

Really like the program but there are a couple of issues that I believe need addressing.  I am using the latest BBY operating system 10.3.2.2474 and recent Poweramp 2010-585 full version.

1. Program is very slow to react to normal functions.  such as "play, next title, even pause" is slow to react.  There are no delays with settings, or selecting lists, just normal music play functions take sometimes almost a minute to execute.

2. Playlists are not accurate.  I create my playlists as m3u files from MediaMonkey, stored in the same directory as the titles (sd card).  For some reason the more recent builds are missing many titles in Poweramp, some lists as high as 50% missing.  The same directory and playlist is used by BBY own Music player, and it has no errors with the lists.  Total titles in directory are approx. 2080.

To be honest you're lucky it works at all, as BB10 is not a native Android phone OS (although there is Android underneath it I gather), so running Android apps has got to be a bit hit or miss.

Do the music files that are missing from your playlists show up in Poweramp's regular library views (Folders, Songs, Albums, etc)? Playlists can only find songs which already exist in PA's library database.

If so, the next thing to check would be whether the paths are messed up in the playlist files (relative paths would be better than absolute ones, or no paths at all if the songs files are stored in the same directory as the playlist file). Playlist files are generally plain text, so you can look at them in a text editor.

Andre

Yes from what I read here it is good that it works.  It took some additional apps to add Poweramp to the Blackberry.  The playlist files are in a single music folder with all music files.

I also have Poweramp on a Galaxy Tab 3, also sdcard.  There it has no delays in functions, but has identical issues with the playlists.  So it is likely how Poweramp is identifying the locations within my lists?

The actual titles aren't missing from my song list, just the playlists are screwed up where for instance, one should be 125 titles of jazz and blues, it shows 60 titles (still blues and jazz).

Thank you for your help,

Alan

As the songs are all visible and playable from Poweramp's library, and the playlist files are all in the same folder, then there must be something strange about the playlists themselves.

For the setup as you describe, all that the playlist .m3u files need to contain is a simple list of the filenames with no path info, with each one listed on a new line. Try stripping one of the playlist files down to that bare minimum in a text editor, and see if that helps. If there are any non-standard ASCII characters in the filenames you may need to save them in .m3u8 format (UTF-8 character encoding).

Oh, and avoid having too many files in any one folder, as that can sometimes cause read issues (including slow access when changing tracks). That's what subfolders are for.

Andre

You are correct, I reviewed a playlist and realized that I had removed the initial track numbers from the title's file names on many titles a couple of weeks ago. The title files names had not been updated in the MM playlists which are used to export to m3u files.  I did a full update in MM which updated the m3u exported playlists for Poweramp.  Now they are correct there too.

If anyone knows a program that creates playlists and keeps them updated when we make file name changes etc.  Please advise.

Also, not sure why I didn't have the same results in the native Blackberry player prior to yesterdays update, at least now they all agree.

If you have any ideas as to improve the performance of normal functions in Blackberry, that would be perfect?  

Thanks for your help.

cheers,

Alan

Archived