Poweramp

I'm not quite sure if I can post a feature request here, but since this forum is about the new version of Poweramp, I hope you don't mind.

I know that it's possible to use the convolver in V4A, but only if you have a rooted phone. I'd like to have a solution for the plain, boring, non-rooted Android. Also, I like Poweramp too much to even look around and see if a different player can do it.

I don't know a lot about the technical details of convolution, but as far as I know, it shouldn't be difficult to find a way to add it as a feature. We just need a switch to enable it, and a button to choose the .irs file we want to use.

I've found two old topics on the forum about this:

I think this is an interesting topic. Convolution can change the sound drastically, as seen in viper4Android. 

After finally researching the convolver feature in viper4android and messing around with it, the convolver has become essential for most of my audio set-ups. Yeah it makes a big difference. It'd be a great feature to add for people who aren't rooted and can't use viper

I would also love to see convolver support in Poweramp, since this opens up the use of corrective eq for individual headphones to get a reference frequency response (Viper DDC/IRS), which I think doesn't need to happen on a system level, but only when listening to music.

Another suggestion would be to open up a option to reorder different DSPs, for example on devices with sufficient cpu power, having sox resampler resample to 96k before engaging in a convolver, eq and such would be beneficial to quality,