Poweramp alpha-build-702

maxmp

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried Hi-res output on Lg G3 stock Lollipop 5.0.1, where Snapdragon 24-bit PCM is made available. This makes it possible to pass 24bit/44.1khz towards the headphone out without being pushed through resampler (Audiotrack and OpenSL ES forces 48khz) and achieves much better sound.

However the Hi-res output becomes choppy once the screen turns off, and audio would randomly pause and resume from time to time. No tuning of buffers seem to have an effect on this behaviour, so if it would be possible to work out the kinks this would be a great addition to this phone!

26 minutes ago, nereis said:

Tried Hi-res output on Lg G3 stock Lollipop 5.0.1, where Snapdragon 24-bit PCM is made available. This makes it possible to pass 24bit/44.1khz towards the headphone out without being pushed through resampler (Audiotrack and OpenSL ES forces 48khz) and achieves much better sound.

However the Hi-res output becomes choppy once the screen turns off, and audio would randomly pause and resume from time to time. No tuning of buffers seem to have an effect on this behaviour, so if it would be possible to work out the kinks this would be a great addition to this phone!

Try the wake lock setting in Poweramp, it's in misc settings 

6 hours ago, RommelCaballero said:

am i the only one who encounter wav files aren't supported with this build..

WAV files work fine in this build. Although why you would want to use them on a phone I'm not sure, if you want lossless then FLAC is much smaller and just as good. Is it just the one file that's causing you problems or multiple?

Andre

Anyone having this issue? Pausing when the device is locked, then wait for a short while (30s or so), and I'd have to press the headset button a few times before it would register.

Another issue, though this one has been around for a while: There's a 1s delay between pressing the headset button and audio pausing.

I'm on Android 6, Moto X 2014 (stock rom is pretty close to stock Android).

Anyway, the new build actually most of the issues, including ones I've been experiencing for about 2 years now.

Oh and btw my phone doesn't seem to support Hi-Res, looks like a s/w issue (not specified in audio policy). The SoC is snapdragon 801, but I'm not sure what the DAC is.

Usb otg flash drive

When I'm going to music map and select usb drive it doesn't index my usb otg flash.  When  I select usb it asks for access and then I can select my music map on my usb but it does not index.  Nexus 6p android 6.01

Screenshot_20160330-010011.png

One bug I've come across in 702 is that no matter what option for lyrics it will always display no lyrics tag for lyrics no matter what option is selected if there is nothing in the tags. On 700 it was working fine but 702 broke musicxmatch.

Can confirm this is the case across all my devices.

Just wanted to chime and say thanks for this one:
- audiofocus volume duck option

Works like a charm here on the LG G Pad 8.3 in conjunction with the Tom Tom navigation app. If there's something to improve here, I'd like to have a smoother fade in after the ducking.

A follow up to my post regarding Album art.

I am now able to download album art when I long press on the area where the album displays.  However, when I do this, I need to advance to the next song and then
back in order to see the album art work.  This occurs in both File and Playlist modes. Andre had made mention in a previous post that this was an older bug/issue so not 
sure if that's being addressed or not.

Another issue is that when I rotate my phone to either landscape or portrait, this action causes the artwork to disappear.  I have to advance the song and then back to get the album artwork to show.

Other than that everything is working great.  LOVE the new sound features, my music has never sounded better :-D

Tim
Running Poweramp on Note 4 w Android 5.0.1

Using hi-res output, my phone (lg g2) supports up to 24/192. My audio files are mostly in 44.1 khz. Which would be a better option, using the default 24/192 or selecting the 24/44.1 option? Will it bypass any resampling if I select the 44.1 khz option. BTW totally enjoying the latest alpha.

Using a LG V10. When i enable "Hi-Res Output", volume becomes lower. When i enable "No Headroom Gain", volume increases to the usual listening level. Anyone facing the same? 

Also, with "Hi-Res Output" enabled, its showing "Snapdragon 24 bit variant". Should it be showing as ESS/Sabre chip instead since i presume it is being used for the hi res output ?

1 hour ago, wwyjoe said:

Using a LG V10. When i enable "Hi-Res Output", volume becomes lower. When i enable "No Headroom Gain", volume increases to the usual listening level.

Erm, I would have thought that would be the whole point of allowing extra headroom? If everything is sent at 100%, you've got no spare room to boost one equaliser channel at peak level areas without it distorting for example. So yes you can disable it, but then if you have any boosted EQ settings expect them to get clipped in peak-level sections of your music.

Andre

Here's a weird set of (potentially related) bugs.

When I installed the 702 build I noticed that every time I connected my bluetooth headphones Poweramp would auto-resume playback even though it was unticked in settings for bluetooth headsets and only ticked for wired ones.

I had to also untick it for wired headphones to stop it from autoplaying.

In other (possibly related) news, I discovered that now when I pressed the skip track button on my bluetooth there would be TWO beeps and when I pressed the previous track button there would be THREE, just like the single button behaviour.

It is my guess that in the new build the wired and bluetooth settings were mixed together, possibly in an attempt to fix the bluetooth-only playback bug after a call.

Could others please confirm?

Archived