Saving playlists and queues.

Shriker

I've been reading up tonight on how to save playlists and, call me stupid, but only just 10 minutes ago discovered that i have to create the playlist first and then add to it in order to save them. This seems very backwards to me. I should be able to create a queue first and then save that as a playlist afterwards if i like it. I've been using Poweramp for years and was just about to go back to Winamp because of this.

I'm told that most people use the "Queue" function for a quick fix of music and that it's only meant to be used as a temporary short term thing, but to me the word queue basically means playlist and it's the core of any music playback software to me. When i build a queue up i'm making a playlist. I'm a guy who knows exactly what i want to listen to for each track and i guide the queue in moods and swings all preplanned according to my current mood.

Anyway, my point really is that i feel it's far more intuitive to simply build a queue up and then, if i like it, i can click somewhere and save that queue as a playlist, that's what Winamp allows. I can't be sure when i start out if i want to save every queue that i make but i'd love to have the option to do so after i've listened to it. Some of these queues take a fair bit of time and thought to make and the current system (that i've only just discovered) forces me to save them before i even start building them. Also it's much easier to build a queue than a playlist since a single click can add each track to the queue without leaving the ftrack list. So build the queue/playlist, then "Save as playlist" feels to me much more intuitive and faster. It's function following need in proper order.

If that's too much to ask for then at least i'd like to see the queue system changed so that it doesn't delete the current list after it's been played--there's already a "Clear Q" function for that--forcing me to rebuild it all over again for some inexplicable reason and making me swear loudly every single time.

Archived