Poweramp stuttering/delay on LG device since first use.

I have tried the below settings and continue to have constant issues. I have tried all the suggested fixes in the Q&A and cannot remember the last time this APP received an update on this device. I have tested at least 10 other top media/audio player apps and experience no problems whatsoever. However, Poweramp, has features that are not comparible. Here are my following issues.

Constant stuttering and player command delays. Almost every other audio track, at random points.

• Occurs on both Bluetooth and headphones (1/8 jack)
  • Have tweaked every combination of priority and buffer settings.
  • Occurs on both local device and accessing SD card.
  • Occurs on any audio file type and bitrate supported.
  • Disable direct volume control improves only slightly however causes a new bug where the volume will randomly within songs wildly fluctuate. All songs appear to be to low in volume throughout. This volume with DVC off is still ower than my other media player apps. It's as if Poweramp corrupts the volume level with DVC off only within its own app. 
  • Used a combination of EQ and limiter off/on with both DVC off and on. 
  • Have not witness any high usage of memory or processing by any other app while Poweramp is in use.

I have had my LG G3 device (Model VS985 - Android 5.1.1)for about a year and during the first month of receiving this device Poweramp was the only 3rd party app installed. Even during this initial use of the app I have had these issues. I have since then, factory formated it about a few months ago, but no improvement whatsoever. I am starting to believe the Poweramp is just not compatible with my device (Possibly any LG device) and have to go back to using sub-par apps. Thank you for your consideration or any other advice you can provide.

Have you tried the new alpha-test release of Poweramp v3 in the forums here? People are reporting excellent results with the latest LG devices.

Andre

Thank you for your response, and to answer your question no. Just noticed it today coincidentally. Wouldn't hurt to try it. Thanks for the suggestion. I will implement this version later today.

Thank you for your response, and to answer your question no. Just noticed it today coincidentally. Wouldn't hurt to try it. Thanks for the suggestion. I will implement this version later today.

Don't forget to backup your existing version first (see second post in the build 700 thread) in case you need to roll back. This build features the new audio engine that max has been working on for several years. Considering it is an alpha test version it's actually already quite usable as a production build.

Andre

Archived