Finding downloaded Google Play music files

TheDragonslayer

Oh man, this is not a good thing. No work arounds?? Most of my music is in Google. Crud, I've always hated Google, now I really hate it!!! Your player quality is amazing. I assume it's a licensing issue. Man, I thought I found the quality I was looking for. I don't guess there is a way to get DoubleTwist to convert them??

Poweramp is not a streaming music player for any formats. If you download/cache your songs locally you can find the files and then Poweramp can play them, but Google Music doesn't use helpful filenames to let you know which ones are which.

If your device is rooted, you could try this thread: http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/6161-playing-songs-bought-on-google-play-in-poweramp/?fromsearch=1

Andre

• 2 months later...

Andre, 

I have asked this similar question before? The music I purchase from Google music is also downloaded to my internal sd card. Is there a way to tell Poweramp what folder to look for so it will show the downloaded music? 

In theory I seem to recall you will find downloaded Google Music files in root /data/data/com.google.android.music/files/music/ but from memory it doesn't use nice tidy filenames and is a root location. Have a look and see what's in there with a file explorer app anyway, and if you find MP3 files in there, copy them out to a location Poweramp can scan in Poweramp Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders.

You could also try changing Google play Music's save folder, via its Settings > Storage location and change to an external card if you want, which would then save files to extSdCard/Android/data/com.google.android.music/files/music/ which is a location that Poweramp can read. It'll still look pretty messy as the filenames/tags aren't set correctly by Google.

Andre

• 2 years later...
On 1/17/2016 at 4:13 PM, andrewilley said:

Poweramp does not support playing Google Music at present, Google doesn't store its files in a way that's easy to find.

Andre

I found an easy solution to this problem with Google play music and power amp. I downloaded music mate to my phone and my Google play music showed up in music mate. But when I checked Poweramp it had not showed up yet. So I simply closed Poweramp, music mate and Google music app. When I reopened Poweramp all my missing Google play music was there. But music mate only moves 50 songs under the free version but I had less than that to move. I am thinking this is all you need to do. I found this solution on line over a year ago somewhere else. Hope this helps!

Archived