DLNA UPnP support

clarkerliu

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After searching the internet for a good and universal solution to stream all the sound (music) from my android device i came across AirPlay DLNA SONOS Chrome Roku.

This seems to do all that i need...  but i need to root my phone. Did someone find anything better or an Apps that does this without root?

• 3 months later...

air play, DNLA, UPNP, and now, chromecast.

Problem is there are so many "standards" out there that they cannot be all in.

Plug-ins, I would appreciate for sure. Chromecast is the defacto google standard, so that would make more sense. DNLA is the worldwide standard, so I guess that too makes sense. 

decisions, decisions. I'm happy to not be a dev.

The guy that made N7 Player made ToasterCast for just this purpose. And he allows others to link into it (which of course, get's him cash from the purchase).

So, if MaxMP wanted the features but not the dev time, he could just build in support for that API and then could have access to all that streaming and litte of the support (just working with any API changes).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please make it happen, it's frustrating that with such a good player I still have to switch to an inferior solution in order to stream my music to another device. Or at least tell us if at some point is going to be implemented. This is the most requested feature, a "Hot" Topic in your forum, and yet, no clear answer has been given.

Another +1 for DNLA support. Poweramp is an amazing app but the lack of DNLA support means I am limited to the few meagre GB of music available on my device, rather than the 200+ GB on my home network. At the moment I am having to use another app when I want to stream music via DNLA at home.

I would be willing to pay for a separate plugin app for DNLA support...

Also, it seems like the developers aren't particularly good at responding to what seems like a very popular feature request, even just to confirm/deny whether they are planning the feature at all. Not a particularly good sign of how seriously they take customer feedback :( I'm not holding out much hope of actually getting this feature, so in the mean time I will be looking at other media players that do offer DNLA like doubleTwist and n7, which seem to be taking new feature development in a more positive direction. That said, Poweramp has been a favourite of mine for a long while and if it ever gets DNLA it will probably stay that way for a long time. Heres hoping...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The following reply was posted on Twitter (From @PowerampApp) on the subject of streaming services in general, though I'm not sure whether it includes output streaming or just playback sources:

We know some people have asked for streaming services but in our test audio quality goes down when we stream audio, so that's not a priority

Andre

• 8 months later...

The following reply was posted on Twitter (From @PowerampApp) on the subject of streaming services in general, though I'm not sure whether it includes output streaming or just playback sources:

We know some people have asked for streaming services but in our test audio quality goes down when we stream audio, so that's not a priority

Andre

Either i dont understand that sentence, or it is utter nonsense!!

If you use DLNA to stream not transcoded audio to the AV Receiver for an instance - there is no loss in quality - its all pure digital 1:1 data stream.

Or tell me where the loss is being introduced in this process?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

at first I have to thank you for your great work. Poweramp is the only one player that met all my needs... With only one exception... DLNA.

I would be willing to pay extra for it, so here is my offer:

I pay $ 5 if you have DLNA support integrated in Poweramp .

Are there any others follow the my offer?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2014. 10. 31. at 8:26 PM, driv3r said:

After searching the internet for a good and universal solution to stream all the sound (music) from my android device i came across AirPlay DLNA SONOS Chrome Roku.

This seems to do all that i need...  but i need to root my phone. Did someone find anything better or an Apps that does this without root?

Hi, you could try AllStream. My observation was that it works better than Airplay. unless they redisigned AirPlay since I last tried.

• 2 months later...
On Saturday, February 26, 2011 at 2:49 AM, clarkerliu said:

Poweramp is powerful music player. If you can add DLNA and UPnP feature, it would be the best player on mobile device.

Yes please for dlna/upnp.

I am amazed at the quality improvement Poweramp gives.

On 26-1-2017 at 0:42 AM, andrewilley said:

DLNA/Chromecast/etc output won't be in the initial release version of Poweramp v3 (it would delay the release even further) but it is planned for the future. I can't say if/when cloud/NAS storage will be supported though.

Andre

That is a shame, but I can live with that if Hi-Res Support for the Pioneer XDP-300R / Onkyo DP-X1/A is made available as soon as possible. ;-)