'Grant Access' dialog not showing when attempting to edit tags

Slipudatung

Does it work if you try to Delete a music file from within Poweramp? And if so, does the mode then stick so you can subsequently edit tags on SD Cards?

If it does not work at all, please could you let us know what device and version of Android you are running?

Andre

Does it work if you try to Delete a music file from within Poweramp? And if so, does the mode then stick so you can subsequently edit tags on SD Cards?

Andre

I'm running the alpha, and the answer is yes and yes.

For some reason the "grant access" dialog only works correctly when trying to delete, but the change sticks so you can edit tags later.

Interesting, with a Delete it did not prompt me for sd card access at all and just deleted the file!

Have verified via file explorer.

This install of Poweramp was the first one on this rom and I haven't granted any permissions yet (I'm still prompted via tag edit). Amazing that it was able to remove a file from my sd card!

Edit: I have HTC M9 on Viperonem9 3.5 rom which is android 5.1

• 2 months later...

Hi guys.  Galaxy S5,  Android 5.0, owner.  This is repairable.  Repairable at 65 mph as a matter of fact. But I accidentally did it and cannot tell you guys how,  since I cannot reproduce Grant Access error now.  Just play with the music/media  files and press "select" at bottom of screen. Sorry.  

Archived