Album Artist tag support not implemented in alpha test build 700

franklymydeer

I know it's specified in the second post in the thread. 

But I've created the account for just this one reason. Since it uses a new audio engine now and it already has it's own library engine. When can we expect 'Album Artist' support in the Library? We already have 'Artists' option. Is there any way 'Album Artist' tag can be added? So that we can maybe deselect 'Artists' to be shown in the Library and select 'Album Artists' option. 

It's such an important tag when some of us enjoys Movie/Game OST where there's a ton of Artist in the album, but just one 'Various Artists' as the Album artist. So whenever we have to navigate, Artists page is full of these 'OST' albums 'Artist'.

I hope I explained it right. Thank you for the Alpha version, works great so far and really enjoying the swipe option!

Would you please, for the love of god start sorting albums by ALBUM ARTIST instead of TRACK ARTIST! I've got albums that are listed as being from artist "example" even though he only performs one track on that album. Or for example I have two albums called "King", one is by T.I. and one is by a german rapper called Kollegah. Both are listed as the same album are you kidding me? I mean honestly how hard can it be? The album artist is already in the tags you just have to read it! I cannot be the only one who has complained about this...

Would you please, for the love of god start sorting albums by ALBUM ARTIST instead of TRACK ARTIST! I've got albums that are listed as being from artist "example" even though he only performs one track on that album. Or for example I have two albums called "King", one is by T.I. and one is by a german rapper called Kollegah. Both are listed as the same album are you kidding me? I mean honestly how hard can it be? The album artist is already in the tags you just have to read it! I cannot be the only one who has complained about this...

You are not alone my friend.

This subforum is meant to be for discussion and testing of the alpha release of the new audio engine, not really for repeating feature requests. Max does clearly state that tag support improvements are planned for when he gets to the beta test stages, but for now it is all about audio playback testing not MP3 tags.

That aside, I'm not sure why so much (IMHO excellent!) work in adding visualisations took priority over some of the most popular user-requests (such as Album Artist support, file-based ratings, and streamed playback / output to DLNA/Chromecast) but I can only assume it must have been fairly tightly integrated with the audio engine, so it made sense to build them together.

Andre

This subforum is meant to be for discussion and testing of the alpha release of the new audio engine, not really for repeating feature requests. Max does clearly state that tag support improvements are planned for when he gets to the beta test stages, but for now it is all about audio playback testing not MP3 tags.

That aside, I'm not sure why so much (IMHO excellent!) work in adding visualisations took priority over some of the most popular user-requests (such as Album Artist support, file-based ratings, and streamed playback / output to DLNA/Chromecast) but I can only assume it must have been fairly tightly integrated with the audio engine, so it made sense to build them together.

Andre

I knew I wasn't supposed to post here. But the thing is, I haven't really found a way to actually talk to the dev until this forum. A lot of people doesn't like the UI, I got no problem with that. UI is the least thing people should worry about when it comes to a Music Player. All I want is a good library, audio and navigation. Everything is perfect other than this tag issue. It's just I've been using this app for a really long time, and I keep hoping that this tag will be added in future. I posted here just out of frustration. I'm sorry I kind of violated the rules.

Archived