Please help me to choose !!!!!!!

dragos2ion

I cant decide which music player should i buy between Poweramp and Neutron , since ive never owned both of them , i would like to know the opinion from someone who owns both music players and help me to choose between these 2 !

Please , i need urgent help

My advice: Just install both players, compare their sounds, one by one, over a good headset while playing same track, and decide which player sounds better. I bet there will be a clear winner. I bought both players, and often compare their sounds whenever there are updates.

• 1 month later...

Neutron Hands Down.

64 bit audio

Streaming Online Music

Poweramp has lied for 6 years telling us they would add streaming music support. They have lied for years regarding a major update that has never come. They told us back in 2010 they would add streaming, visualizations, etc and they would be FREE.

Edit: Look at the forum history, they continued to lie year after year saying "it's coming" for streaming and stopped responding to questions about visualizations. Every year I stop back and remind them they lied,and ripped people off.

Support for ape files... Great, who give a F*CK! The 4 people in the world who use ape format? It's fantastic how much they focus on lossless formats, because 250mb + files on a smart phone or tablet with limited storage is what we all need. F*CKING retards.

Now we hear rumors of 3rd party plug-ins for streaming, etc. Do you think they will be free? Do you think they will ever come at all? Six years of lies. I have used this app a small handful of times in the six years I have owned it because before I bought the app I emailed the dev, asked about streaming music, and was lied to being told it was coming "soon". Let's face it, this dev is a liar, con, and shit at their job. How long does it take to code a new version? Apparently more than 6 years.

Get neutron. The interface isn't as good but the features are much better; at least that dev isn't a lying scumbag.

If you have been around android for long enough you know the app Launcher Pro. That dev lied for 5 years about an update and then just fell off the earth; no update came. They too, like Poweramp made MILLIONS of dollars and decided to run. Rumors have it they are now making/selling one of the two big launchers on the Google market under a different name, which is where the Launcher Pro "update" that never came went. Greed. Pure greed.

I have no problem with devs making money or even selling new versions, however LYING to people pre-sale and draging them on for SIX YEARS is total bullshit.

I thought about deleting this very insulting and monotonous rant, but I guess it's your opinion and I'll leave it up to Max as to whether he wants to throw you out or not. I'll remove your similar repeated/duplicated posts which add no useful additional content though.

A few points though: I'm not sure streaming was something Max ever said was coming within the app? I could be wrong though, but I do know that he considers streaming formats to be inferior to the quality levels that he wants for his app. And why would you praise support for 64-bit audio, but not for including new lossless formats?

I would remind you that payment for an app (or indeed most products in this life of ours) is to buy and use the CURRENT product. Yes I would expect bug-fixes to occur for a period, and of course features updates are great, but paying for a product does not entitle you to anything new beyond what you have paid for.

Incidentally, have you bothered to check the new alpha-test release before your tirade of verbal diarrhoea?

What I can agree with you on though is that it's been a long wait and we'd all prefer if Max had a big team of developers working with him, but I'm afraid he's just one person!

Andre

• 3 weeks later...

Support for ape files... Great, who give a F*CK! The 4 people in the world who use ape format? It's fantastic how much they focus on lossless formats, because 250mb + files on a smart phone or tablet with limited storage is what we all need. F*CKING retards.

I for example keep a pretty large collection of my FLAC's on my SD card. They are not 250mb a piece but around 40 to 80mb a piece.

64 bit audio

I don't know, unless you have a 2000€ portable android music player and a speaker setup costing more than 6 months in some rental apartment in city center then you probably don't hear the difference. Also not only your setup has to be good, your ears should differentiate it as well. 

I tried neutron after seeing this post and I must say it's 9/10 functionality and -1/10 out of looks. It looks like crap. Like really. But it had a lot of options, options that I have no idea what they do.

Unless you have high end audio equipment, a phone with really good DAC or some portable Android music player that costs 1000€ or so you really don't need it. As Neutron app description says, it's designed for real audiophiles and you get best results with high end equipment. My MP3's, FLAC's and WAV's sound just fine with Poweramp as I'm not that much of audiophile. If you agree then your files sound just fine as well with Poweramp.

• 3 weeks later...

I have purchased  both Neutron and Poweramp for my Blackberry Z10, and my Galaxy Tab 3.

When I am connected to my home system, and I can plug in to a power source, I often use Neutron.  It really drains power from your battery quickly.  It sounds great, its pre-amp function is excellent.  Interface is good. It does not lag on either Blackberry or Galaxy products.   Updates are issued frequently.

It fails to show album artwork, it fails to decipher playlists properly, and updates of music files have been manual for me so far.  I just revised my playlists last night, the native Blackberry player and Poweramp updated no problem.  Neutron required a manual, and still does not show all titles in my playlist.  It has yet to locate my dlna NAS server, however I have little need as I keep my music directory synced between my NAS and my portable devices.

When connected without power source, I find myself using Poweramp 95% of the time, the native Blackberry music the other time when I am annoyed at the Poweramp lag.  I never use Neutron without plugging in, its battery drain is the highest of any app I use and I like to view album artwork as my music plays. 

Poweramp sounds very good, as does the Blackberry native player, and the interface on Poweramp is excellent.  Album artwork, lists etc are updated automatically.  Poweramp lags when installed on the Blackberry, but not on my Galaxy Tab3.  Uses very little battery power on both devices, Z10 longer than the Tab 3.

I also find the forum for Poweramp more responsive.

Hope this helps,

Archived