Poweramp alpha-build-700

maxmp

4 hours ago, Oshinigami said:

While I wish this post was all about praise, I do have 2 major issues (although the first could be an issue with my phone rather than the app itself).

1. The spectrum analyser visualisations do not show left and right channels, they show a combined display with bass (low) frequencies on the left and high-end frequencies on the right. To adjust the overall Left-Right audio balance, use the Balance knob in the Tone control panel (although unless your equipment has a fault, or you need to adjust for your ears or for ambient room acoustics, that shouldn't normally be necessary).

2. Does this happen on the release build of PA as well as the alpha-test version? The alpha test release uses a new audio engine which is of course still in the testing phase at the moment. You don't mention what hardware and Android version you are using by the way.

Andre

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, centro58 said:

This version clutters songs in separate albums. In the normal version Poweramp not pass this, should leave as in the normal version.

Sorry, could you explain what you mean in a little more detail. (I've removed your accidental double-post by the way)

Andre

• 3 weeks later...

Alpha 703

Sony Xperia Z3

Song: https://www.dropbox.com/s/13ne0gvcvqdsjo7/Melody.mp3?dl=0

Every time I say to the app to play from 00:00 to about minute 1:20 it plays from the begin but it say it's at x minute.

Eg: I click at minute 1.11 the music start from the begin but the app says he's playing minute 1.11.

It happens with a few of songs.

If you don't understand my bad English I will send you a clip.

3 hours ago, DS_JohNNy said:

Every time I say to the app to play from 00:00 to about minute 1:20 it plays from the begin but it say it's at x minute.

It's an issue I highlighted a while back, I think it's related to large embedded artwork and/or no properly encoded TOC in the file. I have reported it to Max anyway.

[Edit: yes, you've got a 3000x3000 pixel cover art image embedded in the file, which is adding 3.4MB to it]

Andre

9 hours ago, Marv323 said:

well since for me the new gapless is not working with this new Poweramp like the old version worked great for me.. any body else knows other player that play real good seamlessly mixed music....

Gapless works fine for me.

Someone a while back mentioned that they had a problem with gapless playback on the alpha builds, but it turned out that their files were not actually gapless anyway but had a short period of silence at the start and finish. I hope Max will put the 'Cut Silence' option back into the Gapless menu before the official release.

Andre

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Vimtoman said:

So obvious but not :)

I know what you mean, it took me a while to work out that the word 'Normal' was actually an on/off switch. :) Hopefully as part of all the work Max is currently doing on the Material Design interface, controls like this will become easier to find and use.

Andre

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/12/2016 at 5:05 PM, andrewilley said:

I know what you mean, it took me a while to work out that the word 'Normal' was actually an on/off switch. :) Hopefully as part of all the work Max is currently doing on the Material Design interface, controls like this will become easier to find and use.

Andre

Yep he's done an incredible job.

Sounds a billion times better :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody!
First of all congratulations for the great apk. I am using it more than 4 years now and its simply amazing!

-> However I want to make to point something here and more specific the incompatibility with Huawei Android devices (especially on any additional skin). So my question here is, if it is fixed on the .Alpha Release or hopefully it will be fixed soon????

Thanks in advance for your attention

2 hours ago, NetEngine said:

-> However I want to make to point something here and more specific the incompatibility with Huawei Android devices (especially on any additional skin).

Sorry, but the alpha version does not support skins at all. Once v3 is officially released (which will include a new user interface) then the ability to develop and use skins will be included.

Andre

9 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Sorry, but the alpha version does not support skins at all. Once v3 is officially released (which will include a new user interface) then the ability to develop and use skins will be included.

Andre

Dear Andre,

Thank so much for your instant response! Yes indeed I have already installed the Alpha release and skin option is disabled :) . However my main question was, if the final V3 will support skins package installation for Huawei android devices (EMUI 6.0)? because so far V2 does support additional skins installation even the default HD Skins for Poweramp. It seems that is an incompatibility with all the skins packages signatures.

Thanks again for your attention and sorry to bother so much with this.

Best Regards, NetEngineer

24 minutes ago, NetEngine said:

However my main question was, if the final V3 will support skins package installation for Huawei android devices (EMUI 6.0)? because so far V2 does support additional skins installation even the default HD Skins for Poweramp. It seems that is an incompatibility with all the skins packages signatures.

Max did look into this a while back and said it's a problem with Huawei's ROMs which he does not plan to spend time investigating on the old v2 releases. I would hope a workaround will be created in v3 though, especially if this problem occurs on all of one manufacturer's devices with their stock ROMs:

- v2 skins (and future v3 skins) works on most devices, but there are always one (or few) ROMs not compatible no matter we do. They just specifically break the part which allows Poweramp (3rd party) skins to work.
For v3 certainly compatibility will be better, but again, there will be always some broken ROMs.

Andre

On 11/01/2017 at 10:38 AM, andrewilley said:

Max did look into this a while back and said it's a problem with Huawei's ROMs which he does not plan to spend time investigating on the old v2 releases. I would hope a workaround will be created in v3 though, especially if this problem occurs on all of one manufacturer's devices with their stock ROMs:

Andre

Good morning Dear Andre,

Totally understood! thanks for your effort with the above issue.

Have a good weekend!

Best, NetEngineer

• 3 weeks later...

Hi . I have LgV20 me. Android 7.0. Beautiful heather sabre quad DAC and Poweramp.
The v3 version is very difficult when looking at new albums with other polyols storage.
Why is that ? It's like if you look for a very long time, indicates the albums in the folder view, but when I enter the folder contains no songs.
ye have been tested under Android 7.0?
During a search, as if the system get stuck, it heats up the CPU at this time.
Thank you answer someone.

((I used a year-LGV10 v3 version of me, I did not experience something like that)

Archived