Poweramp alpha-build-700

maxmp

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! Please, make smth with the notifies in the bar on the MIUI roms. For now all the text in notification of swipeing bar still black and it isn'r readable on the transparent-black background. Maybe some settings in programm for changing the colour of the text... And also thanks for your update at all, it seems there is many good changes and greate work from you

Even i am facing the same issue. Poweramp in notification bar is pitch black. Can't see anything.

I thought Material Design was meant to make notifications area light, so text would need to be dark? Could you upload a screenshot? Have you tried using the Inverse Colors option in Poweramp Settings > Look and Feel > Status Bar/Notification ?

Andre

Can you install it independently as a new app or does it replace the old version completely?

The alpha test does replace the existing version, so make sure you keep a database backup as indicated in the second post in this thread to allow you to uninstall and roll back if you want. (Backup /data/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/ )

Andre

I thought Material Design was meant to make notifications area light, so text would need to be dark? Could you upload a screenshot? Have you tried using the Inverse Colors option in Poweramp Settings > Look and Feel > Status Bar/Notification ?

Andre

Not all ROMs have a light theme, also many ROMs come with some sort of theming feature? 

Not all ROMs have a light theme, also many ROMs come with some sort of theming feature?

I must investigate some of them sometime, as one of the things I disliked about Lollipop in the first place was the light palette. However I've been quite happy with my stock 4.4.2 ROM so far, and just tweaked it slightly. One day I guess I'll have to go down the Material Design route, but so far I've been able to put that off.

However as Max has said, this is just a simple basic skin for early ALPHA testing, different schemes will be available in the final release.

Andre

had to rollback to the stable version, found that this build has problems with Scrobbling (with Simple Scrobbler)

I listen 1 track multiple times before switching to another one, looks like whenever I leave Poweramp playing 1 track over and over and not controlling it at all (play/pause/prev/next) it only adds that track once to the scrobbler, any consecutive play does not seem to show in simple scrobbler cache (not being added by Poweramp?)

If I had to guess it might be something to do with ending play of a track and starting with new one, on old one seems to be play-track,stop(and scrobble),play-track,stop(and scrobble),.... 

new Poweramp seems to maybe not handling "stop" the same way as before?

not sure if that's consistent and happening all the time but it doesn't seem to be issue at all on stable

I backed up data, installed build 700, installed stable (play store), restored data only and scrobbles fine on stable all the time

looking forward for next build with this fixed (it's rather must have feature for me as I scrobble everything for over 7 years)

N6 with 6.0.1, MMB29K

No lower volume on notification - no go

For people like me that use the phone as navigation device, not having the lower volume on notification (like a navigation notification) is a no-go (Poweramp is no longer my main music app for some time now). I'm amazed that even after being asked repeatedly on the forums it is not even planned for implementation for this new big bump up upgrade version.

For people like me that use the phone as navigation device, not having the lower volume on notification (like a navigation notification) is a no-go (poweramp is no longer my main music app for some time now). I'm amazed that even after being asked repeatedly on the forums it is not even planned for implementation for this new big bump up upgrade version.

Current functionality still seems to work (I tested it on my way home just now). You can either set PA to pause playback for short notifications or voice navigation messages and resume afterwards, or allow it to continue playing under the voice messages.

I have passed this on to Max anyway though, in case he can look at it while he's checking the Bluetooth resume-after-call bug in the alpha build. However as you say, this is a long-standing feature request and not directly related to the alpha build which is what we're discussing here.

Andre

I'm curious what phone do you have? I have galaxy s6 still running lollipop. Honestly the old version runs gapless better for me . Alot of seamless play with minor hiccups here and there .This version I've tried everything including your method and it's not cutting it for me . I guess I'll go back to the old version & keep my fingers cross when the official update arrives & hope it works great for me

Sorry, saw it just now, I'm using a OnePlus One with a CyanogenMod 12.1-based build (Android Lollipop 5.1.1) with all sound-shaper apps such as AudioFX etc disabled, instead relying exclusively on Poweramp's built-in EQ, Tone & Limit enabled and Tempo & Reverb disabled.

I use EAC for ripping and LAME 3.995M VBR for compression, never had an issue whatsoever.

Not sure if it's due to the version but I can't delete any files with Poweramp. It goes to the "Grant Access" prompt but after I select allow access it does nothing. The files can still be deleted by ES File Explorer.

I've also noticed a few duplicates and having CUE sheets in the folder can mess up the track order as well

Not sure if it's due to the version but I can't delete any files with Poweramp. It goes to the "Grant Access" prompt but after I select allow access it does nothing. The files can still be deleted by ES File Explorer.

I've also noticed a few duplicates and having CUE sheets in the folder can mess up the track order as well

You'll need to provide a bit more info than that (device, ROM version, internal or external memory, etc).

And what do you mean by "having CUE sheets in the folder can mess up the track order", what exactly happens?

Andre

I'm curious what phone do you have? I have galaxy s6 still running lollipop. Honestly the old version runs gapless better for me . Alot of seamless play with minor hiccups here and there .This version I've tried everything including your method and it's not cutting it for me . I guess I'll go back to the old version & keep my fingers cross when the official update arrives & hope it works great for me

Are you (or anyone else?) still having problems with gapless playback on the alpha build? Max says he has special sets of gapless test files, and where 2.0 failed/clicked between them, the alpha build plays flawlessly, So if you could upload or email a couple of such gap-failing files for testing, that would be helpful.

Andre

Wow no offense but I tought Poweramp was on EOL status, you gotta improve your communication with your user base dude...

But forget all of that, I'm excited to hear the new audio engine and to have Poweramp's powerful equalizer working with Google Play and DLNA it's a dream coming true, high expectations, please take your time so you can do it right.

This is my first post on the forums, I solely registered to ask for a Full Material Design, I have ditched this player ONLY because it did not update to any material design yet. Im using things like Shuttle+ to enjoy Google's beauty UI. Just tried the Beta v3, and its way too far from being Material Design, I feel like Im on the ICS or Gingerbread days. For god's sake team, release something with Material Design ! How may one star rating this app is getting from old users like me because of the UGLY UI it currently has ? 

Peace

Archived