No smart playlists >> bye bye Poweramp

Rollmops67

Hello !

I'm a user of Poweramp since more than 2 years, but today I will quit using this software.

Not that it is a bad software, but because there is no possibility to create smart playlists (or intelligent playlists).

This has been asked for years by users, but there is nothing yet.

I found the "Gonemad" music player wich has almost the same features than Poweramp, with the ability to create smart playlists (with multiple parameters) and this is just what I needed.

Roland

Thanks for your reply, Theo.

I know about your app, it's better than to have no choice.

But smart playlists built in the player app itself is more convenient.

An example : in Gonemad, when I create a smartlist where the condition is (it's just an example) rating >= 3, each music track I add in the Music folder will be taken automatically in this playlist if it matches the rating condition.

Or if I want to create a smart playlist wich plays all tracks of say Pink Floyd, I just have to create a smartlist where the condition is Artist = Pinkfloyd, and voilà it's OK, and when later I add Pink Floyd tracks in my Music folder, they will add themselves to the playlist.

Regards, Roland

Hello !

I'm a user of Poweramp since more than 2 years, but today I will quit using this software.

Not that it is a bad software, but because there is no possibility to create smart playlists (or intelligent playlists).

This has been asked for years by users, but there is nothing yet.

I found the "Gonemad" music player wich has almost the same features than Poweramp, with the ability to create smart playlists (with multiple parameters) and this is just what I needed.

Roland

Is this kid serious?? It amazes me how much technology has made us the absolute LAZIEST people to ever exist on the planet so far. Maybe we can earn some reward for that? I suppose we have (Hackers stealing info, Predators, Global Warming, Oceanic levels rising, slow deaths from obseity etc.)

I've used Poweramp for about 4 yrs now. I have never ever purchased an app in my life (rip-offs - I mean Cant relate to those buying games or etc.. Who REALLY should spend that much time on cell? No one.)

Again, why pay for apps, I have no idea- Except for Poweramp. It's the only purchase ever and thats because on my first Android phone, I had to find the best music software and player. Loudest, clarity, I want control over every aspect. I must have downloaded 30. Seems that I tried every music player Possible to get me pumped on the field before games, and in gym (15 day trial was great idea,actually - it was brilliant. I didnt try any others I'd pay for, except for free trials. But for those like me, a trial let me see how amazing it was - and I bought it before the period was up,ASAP actually. The second day I had it. I never would have tried because well, I wont pay for Apps, I'll design my own. How many times do people buy apps from below avg designers and then complain on reviews? Too often. So I was skeptical, until I heard it. )

But even my friends are blown away , I was always the one who's cell eould be used to play music on for PAs quality, volume, bass etc. I bought it because I workout. And not just "workout " but I go HARD in the weightroom for, over 20 yrs now; I NEEDED something thatd blast in my ears, yet maintain clarity, and allow an insane variety of lists to play through.

So, Roland - How about taking 5 minutes and making your own Playlists. 1,2x a month? Rate songs. Search by folders or artists or - (my fave) "Recently Added" and "Top Rated."

Want a smart list? Besides the few minutes to make your own lists? Use top rated /or recently added, and, wait for this brilliant idea- put on SHUFFLE (yes, I came up with that all by myself) - and you'll have the BEST (definitely better than lazy smart list) PLAYLISTS.

I have lists for gym days, R&B / baby makjng jams, and just about every mix you can imagine. Never had to touch them; Just add to it. I most often go to recently added, or mix up list view (grid, or date added, track number modified etc. )

Look this is the first time and day I signed up to come on this forum. I Was searching for an answer quickly (Never needed to come on, still haven't had 1 issue in 4 yrs), and this was the first post I saw. Or at least the first that jumped out because I didnt think anyone had such a low IQ. So, I had to register and speak my mind. I could care less if you say "Bye Bye to Poweramp" bc you wont get off your lazy butt to try different playlist options, shuffle etc (And it doesnt require getting up either. So... )

Poweramp wont miss you.

I've gotten 10 people to buy Poweramp because the bottom line?

No other music software can compare. Ever. Thats the truth.

So if that's your reason, awesome. I Wouldnt want a customer that idiotic representing on forums if I was in ANY company with "smart lists" anyway. Just, can you hear yourself? Read it. Outloud " I was loyal for 2 years but it wont MAKE me lists.. " Inapologize if youre mentalky challenged, thats a legit excuse.

But I suppose I can never relate to the lists as they seemed to be called "smart, " since the people who need them are.. Uh. I'll say "Challenged."

Those with higher IQs have a tendency to want to be in control of everything in life, and definitely every song played ( or use that magical 'Shuffle" button and the playlists I've built. Hey, put it on "All Songs, Shuffle..... and - boom "Smart list" by a smart man (according to IQ. Hence why I dropped Pandora and any other BS that decides what to play for ME. Plus Ads. and needs wifi/data? Fk that. )

I'll take PA, where I dont need a connection and save battery.

PA, I'll continue to get others too.

My sis got her first android this week, she'll be a customer as soon as I demonstrate.

Just want to say Thanks for the best and ONLY APP worth any money; I cant go without PA. Plus sharing what I'm listening to on twitter or any social site, numerous skins, and the equalizer is the most kick-a** part of it!!

And I havent met one person in the real-world that's disagreed (once I played it for them.)

In fact they're customers now; Loyal ones as well.

Is this kid serious?? It amazes me how much technology has made us the absolute LAZIEST people to ever exist on the planet so far. Maybe we can earn some reward for that? I suppose we have (Hackers stealing info, Predators, Global Warming, Oceanic levels rising, slow deaths from obseity etc.)

No other music software can compare. Ever. Thats the truth.

Hello Gorilla Warrior ! (ha ha ha !) from a 54 years old "kid".

I understand that FOR YOU the best ever music player is Poweamp. And thats fully OK for me.

And I must agree it is an EXCELLENT piece of software.

I used it for 2 years and was happy with it. (with the exception of the lack of smart lists)

What you're perhaps not understood, standing on your pedestal with your center of the world opinions, is that each person on this planet has another manner to "function", and in case of music players I like it to work with smart playlists.

That's my right and you have NOTHING to complain about that and to do idiotic remarks about my IQ (this said, your remarks are a sign your own IQ is maybe not the higuest on world)

I found Gonemad wich has all the possibilities of Poweramp (10 bands equalizer, DSP with ajustable quality, shuffle playing, lots of possibility to adjust the interface to your taste, and more) and allows me to create multi-parameter smart playlist (or idiot playlist as you seem to see that) on the fly.

So FOR ME Gonemad is the better choice simply because it fits the bill better FOR ME.

When you say "No other music software can compare. Ever. Thats the truth." this is in fact the truth FOR YOU and I'm happy for you.

Just try to be smart (ha ha ha !) enough to accept that other people may have other opinions than you.

I wish you still manny happy hours with Poweramp !

Roland

Ah, a last thing :

Here in France we have a saying : "Il n'y a que les imbéciles qui ne changent pas d'avis"

The translation, just for you : "only idiots never change their minds"

Hello !

I've just registered to support what Roland has written.

I guess people at Poweramp are very narrow-minded just like Gorilla Warrior, otherwise I can't understand why such a standard feature present in even "low-end" players is still missing from here.

I'm a PlayerPro guy, and I was about to give it up for PA, given all the hype. But the missing smart playlists are THE deal breaker for me. I use it quite extensively and all my players (Android, PC, NAS, etc.) do use it, each for a precise role in my global musical setup.

To Gorilla Warrior : NO I don't have the time to make up my playlists manually once a month. I have more serious things to do, and automation is precisely what computer science brings as a value added.

So I'll either go back to PlayerPro, or try GMMP (maybe keep it if it uses the same rating system as Winamp/Windows native one for my library).

Cheers & Happy New Year to everyone.

DV

Archived