I dont understand this enqueing thing!

Hi,

I add 4 simple songs to the Enqueue thing, and I start playing it. Yet it plays something totally different! I cleared the queue first, then added the 4 songs, why is it not playing these 4 songs? I even click on the song I want to play, yet it doesnt, it plays something else.

Ie. Say I added 4 songs, A, B, C and D to the queue, and then I clicked on A, it would then start playing Song E. On the main screen the title would be Song E. The funny thing is, when I go the the queue screen whilst song E is playing, the player bar would running under Song A even though its not Song A....

Driving me crazy! Help!

Thanks

2710, are you sure you need to use the Enqueue function at all? If it's confusing you as to what is the currently playing playlist.

Just play your music by artist/album/playlist by tapping on the item you want to play first, forget about that Enqueue button. It's when you realize you need to insert something in your currently playing list, then you'll find out that you need to use Enqueue.

BTW, Help button is very often overlooked. It is very well written - short and informative, it may answer your questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. I made an account for the sole purpose of letting you know that this man isn't crazy. I was having the same issue where, every time I would press any song in my playlist, it would start playing Daft Punk (I didn't have any Daft Punk that current playlist). I tried force closing and reopening the app, tried clearing the app data, and finally, did a battery pull and now everything appears to be working fine. I had no problem selecting music from the Folders area. I created the playlist by going in to the folder, long-holding, the title, "add to playlist", selected the playlist, then attempted to play it by going to the "Playlists" area, and selecting the playlist. Even manually selecting the song from within the playlist would play the incorrect song. And to make things even more confusing, as an example, I would select "Broken Bells - Vaporize" and the music would be some random Daft Punk song. In the "Now Playing" area, it showed all the song info for the Daft Punk song, however, if you go to the playlist again, underneath "Broken Bells - Vaporize" the track timer showed it was playing. I long-pressed Vaporize, went to file info, and the path was correct.

For the record, I'm using a Droid X, rooted, with the Liberty ROM with, so far, no other issues with your app or any others. I suspected it was user error, but after the battery pull, everything seems to be working fine, so I suspect it may be some sort of bug.

I take that back, as I was writing this, the first song ended, and it stopped playing. I went to restart the playlist, and now it's playing Daft Punk again. And once again, "Now Playing" shows all the correct Daft Punk info, while the playlist shows the track timer moving under the next song on the playlist.

I tried to be as throughly detailed as possible, but it's always possible I left something out. If you need any more info, please let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Queue takes priority over other lists.

Just clear queue and it won't affect any other song/lists selections you can do. Otherwise (if queue is not empty) if you select anything, the selected song will be played, but next song will be taken from queue, until queue is complete.

I emptied the queue, queued up the playlist, same issue.

However, I uninstalled the app, bought the full version (on faith that, sooner or later, we'd figure this out) and reinstalled it and haven't had any issues since. I'm doing everything the exact same way I was before, but no issues this time. I suppose it's always possible I'm doing something different this time than I did last time and I'm just not noticing, but as far as I can tell nothing has changed. But everything is working now :)

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond! :)

Archived