Jump to content

Recommended Posts



   I've been searching for quite sometime now but I guess there's no fix on this bug until the developer do so, I've been experiencing this bug for almost a year now the bug that I'm addressing is that the song duration on some songs increments their time length for about 10 second or sometimes random which is something that I've never experience on different music players but this software of yours is the big boy on the block so I'll patiently wait for the developer to fix this issue, I've read some few topics in this forum that has been experiencing the same problem as me. would you mind checking the mail that I've sent about a week ago my mail is : just****14@gmail.com 

Again Thank you for developing this software, I've been a fan since the beginning of your work. 

Thanks for the hardwork!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...

Same problem here. Track length changes once it is played and some seconds seem to be added randomly. For tracks in my playlist this was usually between 3 and 20 seconds. Actually I only noticed because cross fade is set to 15 seconds max and still songs did not blend. The only pattern I recognized at first was: songs that I own for years seem to be less affected. So I googled and found this very thread among a few others suggesting "fix VBR".

I couldn't really believe that this is the reason. However, unfamiliar with the insides of an mp3 file and seeing that my plex media server was showing two bitrates in every file info I started to wonder. MPDialgs though did not find any problems with bitrates. Peeew!

Back to where I started I thought about my initial observation and the only thing I could come up with which changed during years was cover resolution. Also during my search I learned a little bit how track length is actually computed and how covers are embedded in a mp3 file. The latter is the case for all my mp3 files btw.

Finally I copied a few albums where the most seconds were added randomly, checking coversize previously (all 1400x1400), then removed all covers, after that transfered them to my mobile (latest Android on Samsung S7 Edge) and voila everything works beautifully.

So my final verdict is: It's a bug. Somehow the section where coverart is stored is not regarded correctly when computing track length.

Actually the reason that this annoyed me so much is because "crossfade" is the unique reason I bought Poweramp! There are so few players out there that can do it and I absolutely love it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the length information is not encoded in the file the way Poweramp is expecting it, then the size of overly large cover art data compared to the the music data can make a difference. It also could affect scrubbing to points within the timeline. I thought this had been corrected in the latest builds though, so it might be worth giving 704 a try.


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks. If will check which version of Poweramp exactly I am running. I am buying most of my albums from either iTunes or Amazon converting them to MP3 with the build-in functionality if necessary. So nothing special here, really. Cover art is embedded in the files because I found that this is the savest method for various players (Smart TVs, Smart Phones, Rack-like MP3 players, any DNLA clients).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...