Missing Current Playlist after Tablet Shutdown

Hello,

I am using Poweramp 2.0.10 build 582, Android 4.4.2, m3u-Playlists created with Windows XP Media Player

Always when shutting down my tablet, the currently running playlist ist deleted from disk. When restarting the tablet, the playlist is missing and Poweramp can not continue to play it.

If I remember it correctly I had the same behaviour somw time ago with an early version of Android 3.x.x.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help and have a blessed Christmas time.

Best regards

Martin Adler

http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/17358/why-do-i-always-lose-this-file

But given you actually play the playlist using pa must mean that the information within is correct. Perhaps worth looking at the content using a text editor.

The referenced article sais, that I should install a file with the name .nomedia in the playlist's directory. With Windows 7 it's not possible to do so. There is a message telling me to type in a file name (the part in front of the dot). So, what can I do?

Better still (unless you want to use the system media player too of course) is to put the .nomedia file inside your highest level music folder (i.e. the one which contains all of your music and playlist subfolders) so the whole of your music collection will be ignored by the system scanner.

Andre

I was trying to install files with the name .nomedia

The M3Us are not deleted any more. When looking onto the disk with Windows 7, the files are there and they work correctly.

BUT Poweramp refuses to access them a second or third time. It sais, that the M3Us used before are not accessible.

Btw, I'm also using Poweramp on a tablet with android 4.1.1 and the same USB media disk with no complaints at all!

So, what can I do?

Poweramp doesn't follow .nomedia directions itself (it uses it's own manually-configurable Music Folders list) so adding .nomedia files won't make any difference to how Poweramp interacts with the playlist files (only how the Android system scanner works).

This is the first time in this conversation that you've mentioned external USB media. Could it be that this hardware is not always fully mounted by the system at the time Poweramp's background task loads and starts scanning? (though I don't know why that would effect playlists and not music files) I would suggest using internal device memory or an SD Card and seeing if you have the same issues though.

Andre

Archived